Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jake Forster-Caskey to Charlton for undisclosed fee

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
According to some of the experts on here he was going to be playing in the Premier league before us :rolleyes:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
wonder what the fee was ..... ?

After getting 11million for Lookman of Everton we should have been able to get a decent price...

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
According to some of the experts on here he was going to be playing in the Premier league before us :rolleyes:

Lots of Rose-tinted glasses where out. He was never all that and was obvious early on he wouldnt make it and lacked parts to his game. But because he was local people would ignore the fact he wasnt that good.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
img-2179-cropped83-3502989_478x359.jpg

Looks happy enough ???

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Good luck to him, I do think there is a decent player in there somewhere, but was never going to get into our team unless he'd done something special on loan.

Hope he can re-start his career and get Charlton back in the Championship.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Best of luck to him. Will/should do well in League One with a manager that believes in him.

Hopefully given their sale of Lookman and JFC's two remaining years on his contract we managed to get something out of them >£500k.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If only! £11M is a lot of money though.

I remember many forum posters constantly wetting the bed but Gus Poyet 'never gave him a chance' etc....

I think he is a decent footballer and will probably have a good football league career. He obviously has some talent but needs to be settled. He is also still very young and close to his family, so a reluctant loan to Rotherham was never going to work. Charlton commutable from his home so should give him some stability. Good luck Jake!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Another unfulfilled talent leaves

At 22 is he really an unfulfilled talent ?

Glenn Murray didn't join a Football League team until he was 23

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
JFC leaving for Charlton for me shows more how far we've come, than how far he's stalled. There's a decent Championship player in there, if he can find the right position to suit his attributes.

Good luck JFC.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I remember many forum posters constantly wetting the bed but Gus Poyet 'never gave him a chance' etc....

I think he is a decent footballer and will probably have a good football league career. He obviously has some talent but needs to be settled. He is also still very young and close to his family, so a reluctant loan to Rotherham was never going to work. Charlton commutable from his home so should give him some stability. Good luck Jake!
I didn't know Ademola Lookman was known to his friends as 'Jake'?

.....and the fee for JFC to Charlton (as opposed to Lookman to Everton) was undisclosed, but I'd be prepared to bet a sizeable amount it was nowhere near £11M!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here