Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jake Forster-Caskey and the Under21 finals

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Still can't believe he's in the squad tbh :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
England in completely overrated shithouse tournament performance shock.

And BELOTTI has scored for Italy. :nono:

Yet we qualified brilliantly... Too familiar I'm afraid :(

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
To be fair to JFC, part of tonight's problem has been that John Stones, for all the praise heaped on his comfort on the ball, isn't a very good defender. And call me old-fashioned, but I sort of think that defending should be a big part of your game if you play in the back four.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
What is Southgate doing though? 2 in CM v Italy? Really? Palace ****...

My question would be "What is Gareth Southgate doing managing an England team?" His coaching career isn't exactly inspiring - relegation with Middlesbrough, having taken over without a Pro Licence.

Stumpy Tim

Same as the senior team. We've looked useful going forward but amateur hour at the back. Shocking how we've lost the ability to bring through defensive leaders - where's our Terry Butcher, Des Walker, Sol Campbell, Tony Adams, Rio Ferdinand, John Terry etc. We have always been behind technically but could depend on leadership & bottle... We don't have that anymore

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Can't blame JFC for this one. He was probably highly demotivated having played in all the qualifiers and then dropped for the first two games of the tournament .
Well done Southgate - that's fantastic player management right there.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Same as the senior team. We've looked useful going forward but amateur hour at the back. Shocking how we've lost the ability to bring through defensive leaders - where's our Terry Butcher, Des Walker, Sol Campbell, Tony Adams, Rio Ferdinand, John Terry etc. We have always been behind technically but could depend on leadership & bottle... We don't have that anymore

All of those players with the exception of Terry came through the ranks at big clubs and played under big name British managers - Bobby Robson, Clough, Venables, Graham, Redknapp. Yet in theory Phil Jones and Chris Smalling should be nailed on to start but neither have convinced.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Can't blame JFC for this one. He was probably highly demotivated having played in all the qualifiers and then dropped for the first two games of the tournament .
Well done Southgate - that's fantastic player management right there.

I'll have to pick you up on that point that JFC would have been demotivated. I very much doubt that Jam the Man. He would have been up for it. Whether he is good enough is another thing.

Ps I didn't watch the game.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
The mail gave Caskey a rating of 5 and described his performance as to pedestrian and to often making a simple ball.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012

I keep thinking this.... we used to have an embarassment of riches in the centre back department, what the he'll happened? It's like we've tried so hard to keep up with the top technically skilled sides we've gone the other way and produced a generation who only know how to attack.

Baffling for a national team known for its defensive expertise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here