[Football] Jadon Sancho

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Two threads for one bullshit rumour?

SAC

May 21, 2014
Yesterday it was Spurs bidding £50 million for him. He was a brilliant player pre United and I'm sure someone pay £40-£60 million for him but not unless he agrees to halve his wages. Why would he?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Yesterday it was Spurs bidding £50 million for him. He was a brilliant player pre United and I'm sure someone pay £40-£60 million for him but not unless he agrees to halve his wages. Why would he?
And half of his wages is more than double that of our highest earners. There are only a couple of clubs in Europe who can afford him.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's been shit since joining Utd, but his stock is still far higher than a move to BHA ever being on the cards. A drop in wages, dropping out of the Champions League, and moving to a club which is all but invisible to the England Manager ? This is complete and utter bumdrizzle.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I don't like pasting from articles, but I think one paragraph from it is enough to put this thread to bed ....

One major stumbling block for the Sancho deal may be his wages. His current United deal, which runs until June 2026, currently earns him £350,000 a week.
... and there you have it, this ain't happening

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Why are people slagging him off? He's a fantastic footballer who will find his feet again, he needs a bit of time to settle. I can't see how we could possibly pull off this signing, it seems totally beyond belief on a scale that we've never seen before.

So why does something within me think this isn't as mental as we all think?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Why are people slagging him off? He's a fantastic footballer who will find his feet again, he needs a bit of time to settle. I can't see how we could possibly pull off this signing, it seems totally beyond belief on a scale that we've never seen before.

So why does something within me think this isn't as mental as we all think?

Yes a loan wouldn't be completely crazy. But we already have loads of good wingers so unlikely.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I saw Sancho playing for Borussia Dortmund away to Hertha Berlin when he was around 17 years old. Ran the show, in front of 73,000 German fans in the Olympiastadion, it was a mesmeric performance. Dortmund won 3-1.

He won't be singing for us, as epic as that would be.

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
He is an immensely talented player and would be an absurd signing. It's never, ever, ever going to happen but anyone turning their nose up needs to get a grip.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here