Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jack Straw's Stanmer Roadworks Watch 8/12/09

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
The link-road works to service the stadium are going well.
It looks like they've started to build the support(s) to hold the fly-over.
Not as exciting as the stadium photos, but just as important never the less?

Jack Straw's Falmer Watch Countdown Calendar 2010

Attachments

• DSC03434.JPG
    DSC03434.JPG
    554.9 KB · Views: 805
  • DSC03435.JPG
    DSC03435.JPG
    542.7 KB · Views: 814
  • DSC03436.JPG
    DSC03436.JPG
    597.5 KB · Views: 808
  • DSC03437.JPG
    DSC03437.JPG
    544 KB · Views: 809
  • DSC03438.JPG
    DSC03438.JPG
    553.7 KB · Views: 812

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
thanks, that last pic helps me figure out exactly where this is happening!

Has anyone got a link to the drawings for how this will look when completed?

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Here is a plan of the new junction, with new access roads into the Uni and parking at Falmer School:

Attachments

• A27i.jpg
    A27i.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 730

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Just out of interest, when are they putting the Arch over the stadium stand on the main site? JS do you know? ?

Looking on the webcam it looks like things are starting to happen and a crane is in position to support one of the supports, if that makes sense.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Just out of interest, when are they putting the Arch over the stadium stand on the main site? JS do you know? ?

Looking on the webcam it looks like things are starting to happen and a crane is in position to support one of the supports, if that makes sense.

It could well be Thursday.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Nice pics as ever JS.

So once it's all done, if you're driving from central Brighton along the Lewes Road to park at the stadium, where will you turn off?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You can turn into Sussex University via Stanmer Park - a road going round the back of the Sports Hall (see drawing in Smart Mart's post).

Or you can turn right, go under the tunnel (see first pic) and park on Falmer School fields.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
So once it's all done, if you're driving from central Brighton along the Lewes Road to park at the stadium, where will you turn off?

How I understand it is that you drive in to the widened current road in to Stanmer Park, where on match days there is one way system further on towards the Uni.
After the match, the flow is reversed, and to go back to Brighton, you would be able to turn right (unlike you do now).
Parking at the stadium itself is a whole different ball game where you would zoom down the fly-over if going to Brighton.
I'm still a bit confused myself, but I believe that this is roughly what happens.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Anything to do with the overall infrastructure of the stadium is important, and we all appreciate these updates JS. Keep them coming mate and im looking forward to Fridays update already.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I thought the whole idea is that no-one drove to the ground ( apart from martin perry of course)

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
What's going to happen to the house in the 1st and 3rd picture, is anyone living there as the hedge looks like it's been cut recently?

Would make a great little pub, with a nice garden!

On that diagram is it the little building at the bottom, showing the gardens boundary?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here