Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jack O'Connell

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Argus out of line with other (more dodgy) sources... I'm unsure TBH...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It seems as if both Reading and Sheff Utd are taking TB to be a mug with their valuation of players. Perhaps we are having 2nd thoughts and looking elsewhere.for better VFM.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It seems as if both Reading and Sheff Utd are taking TB to be a mug with their valuation of players. Perhaps we are having 2nd thoughts and looking elsewhere.for better VFM.

Iran? Ben White?

Or maybe more likely somebody none of us have ever heard of!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I really doubt that any Premier League club would take TB for a mug personally. They’d have to be mugs to do so.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
If you want to sell you set a price that is too good to refuse!

Not always true

if you WANT to sell then you are more open to negotiation.

I don't WANT to sell my house at the moment so If a man walked up to me and said he'd pay the market price I'd say "not now. Thanks". Now if he came back and offered a stupid amount then I may sell as it's too good to turn down.

If I get to a point I WANT to sell then someone meeting it's market value may well see me sell.

Sunderland currently WANT to sell 4 players. They will take a much lower fee just to get rid of the bad eggs.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sunderland currently WANT to sell 4 players. They will take a much lower fee just to get rid of the bad eggs.

Yes, they will set (or accept) a price that someone regards as a bargain that is too good to refuse! If you don't want to sell, you set a price that anybody (in their right mind anyway) would refuse.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
If you don't want to sell, you set a price that anybody (in their right mind anyway) would refuse.

Again, not true.

The selling club's 'too good to refuse' is down to their circumstances, in no way can it be guaranteed that its too high for the buying team. The selling teams 'too good to refuse' will be what suits their balance sheet or the market that they operate in if they are looking to buy replacements.

If a League One team don't want to sell a player, they will set a figure which is MASSIVE to them......but someone like Man Utd could still quite easily pay it.

Say Peterborough had a talent they didn't want to sell. A £10m bid from Man Utd would probably be 'too good to refuse' but still affordable for a team like Man Utd financially.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
From the Sky Sports Transfer Centre:

Capture.PNG

???

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps they have adopted the attitude of ' it is known BHA want another CB they will pay whatever we ask eventually' as TB is wealthy and throwing money around at the moment.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Again, not true.

The selling club's 'too good to refuse' is down to their circumstances, in no way can it be guaranteed that its too high for the buying team. The selling teams 'too good to refuse' will be what suits their balance sheet or the market that they operate in if they are looking to buy replacements.

If a League One team don't want to sell a player, they will set a figure which is MASSIVE to them......but someone like Man Utd could still quite easily pay it.

Say Peterborough had a talent they didn't want to sell. A £10m bid from Man Utd would probably be 'too good to refuse' but still affordable for a team like Man Utd financially.
Going round in circles here. " If you want to keep an asset you put a price on it which is too good to refuse" is exactly the opposite of what you'd do! If you see something at a price which is too good to be true, you'd buy it, so it would be the last thing to do if you wanted to make sure nobody bought it. Think it through!
Anyway, I'm out of here.
:smile::wave:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
If you don't want to sell you get a bensgrandad like character to sign on the club's football forum and just keep rubbishing the player.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Going round in circles here. " If you want to keep an asset you put a price on it which is too good to refuse" is exactly the opposite of what you'd do! :

I'm talking about from the sellers perspective. You're talking from the buyer's.

I don't want to sell my house. If someone asked what I would sell it for now I would quote a stupid figure which I simply could not turn down. Only someone desperate would buy it.

As you say, round in circles.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think Mr Wilder wants to lose his CB... not exactly a shock is it... if his Chairman likes our offer, JOC will be reporting for a medical at Lancing...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here