Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jack Hinshelwood [9/4/24: new deal to 2028]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Veltman’s a brilliant defender who’s produced the goods for clubs and country for an age. So clever. Our best top flight RB this time around by a country mile.
In the home program after we beat Spurs 1-0 at WHL there was an interview with Veltman...he spoke about how they approached defending against Son...as he is so fast and faster than any Albion defender. It was enlightening and intelligent but crucially it worked. I have never heard a defender talk like this before, or since. This sealed my man-love for him.

pigmanovich

Mar 16, 2024
London
In the home program after we beat Spurs 1-0 at WHL there was an interview with Veltman...he spoke about how they approached defending against Son...as he is so fast and faster than any Albion defender. It was enlightening and intelligent but crucially it worked. I have never heard a defender talk like this before, or since. This sealed my man-love for him.
Have you got the interview on hand? Would be interested in reading it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’ll see if I can find the program. We’ve moved since the game so my programs are in a box somewhere snd not freely accessible.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I’ll see if I can find the program. We’ve moved since the game so my programs are in a box somewhere snd not freely accessible.

Is this it? (In the programme against Man Utd on May 7 2022).

Veltman.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is this it? (In the programme against Man Utd on May 7 2022).

View attachment 180305
Yes. This is it. Thank you. It's not often we see such acknowledgment of the way an opponent plays and also how to deal with them. I guess it's not really rocket science but given he has got the better of a number of players like Son and Grealish it's clear how smart (and also professional) he is.

Intelligent players like him and, say Gross, are an absolute joy to watch live. I say live as a lot of their work gets missed by tv camaras following the ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here