Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jack Harper - what's the latest?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Harper was supposed to be properly out injured until the end of September when we signed him. That's today though I doubt it was actually that specific. I suspect he will then train with the Under 21s and be brought gradually in to the first team setup if he impresses.

DiP on the other hand thinks he will be leading the line by October:wrong:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He was only playing for their youth team. A good prospect, yes, but I do feel that the media hype is greater than his immediate value to this year's challenge.

Still a youth teamer that's not played a first team game in his life.
I'm getting a bit tired of this old chestnut. Technically it may be true, but if he's good enough, he's old enough - and you have to take into account that just possibly Real Madrid's U21s might just be slightly better than our's...........

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm getting a bit tired of this old chestnut. Technically it may be true, but if he's good enough, he's old enough - and you have to take into account that just possibly Real Madrid's U21s might just be slightly better than our's...........

A completely different sort of football in completely different surroundings. He shouldn't, and needn't, be rushed.

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015

You actually got that the RIGHT way round! You'll never make a football pundit! Tee hee! They normally say, if you're old enough your good enough.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Harper was supposed to be properly out injured until the end of September when we signed him. That's today though I doubt it was actually that specific. I suspect he will then train with the Under 21s and be brought gradually in to the first team setup if he impresses.

DiP on the other hand thinks he will be leading the line by October:wrong:

Yep. He tweeted he was a month away about a month ago.

[tweet]640541043797176320[/tweet]

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A completely different sort of football in completely different surroundings. He shouldn't, and needn't, be rushed.
Who said anything about rushing him? I just can't understand the mentality that says he can't feature this season because he's never played any "proper" football. By those standards, neither had JFC, Solly March or Rohan Ince - or indeed any other young player making the step up from the youth set-up to their first team debut.
Yes, I'm sure his first appearances in the stripes will be for the U21s, but there's no rule that says he has to stay there - even if he's never played any proper football before!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here