Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Izzy Brown Go Home

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
this Izzy is very different to the one I saw last year. Town had ( and have) fast players up front and break very quickly which used to suit his game as he would hang off the two front players and as they use fast wingbacks, would pick up the loose ball which tended to be just in front of the midfield and he was encouraged to move forward to keep the momentum going and they scored a lot of goals that way ( interestingly not this season though)

that is not really hughton's game, so he is a bit like a fish out of water...he doesn't really contribute to the midfield which tends to be Propper Gross and Stephen's domain, and with 1 up front who is not a pacey player, he seems to be wandering around lost.

If I were him, I would look to go back to Chelsea and get more experience in a team similar to Town last year, like Derby or possibly Middlesboro. He would benefit playing in a team like Watford in this division. Its a shame as I actually think he will be a decent footballer in time. It would also free up a place to buy/loan a decent pacey striker or two.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
No bait. Just rooted to the spot when passed too. Have not seen anything from him in every game I’ve watched. Not trying to wind anyone up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Stupid thread - check
Spelling mistakes - check
Pointless slagging of a guy who gets ten minutes max a game - check

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I feel sorry for him. He's a young kid and needs a decent run which he's not getting, 5/10 minutes here and there isn't helping him. I don't think he's not trying, just that he's finding it difficult to get into the pace of the game so late on. He's never played premier league football before - look how long it took the rest of the starting side to become more comfortable.

I said a couple of weeks ago, and got shot down at the time, that sending him back to Chelsea so he can get a loan to another side where he gets more game time might be the best for all concerned. I really don't think we're seeing the best of him coming in cold at the end of games and that is ultimately not helping us either.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
this Izzy is very different to the one I saw last year. Town had ( and have) fast players up front and break very quickly which used to suit his game as he would hang off the two front players and as they use fast wingbacks, would pick up the loose ball which tended to be just in front of the midfield and he was encouraged to move forward to keep the momentum going and they scored a lot of goals that way ( interestingly not this season though)

that is not really hughton's game, so he is a bit like a fish out of water...he doesn't really contribute to the midfield which tends to be Propper Gross and Stephen's domain, and with 1 up front who is not a pacey player, he seems to be wandering around lost.

If I were him, I would look to go back to Chelsea and get more experience in a team similar to Town last year, like Derby or possibly Middlesboro. He would benefit playing in a team like Watford in this division. Its a shame as I actually think he will be a decent footballer in time. It would also free up a place to buy/loan a decent pacey striker or two.

Can he go back in January? Thought it was a season long loan.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I feel sorry for him. He's a young kid and needs a decent run which he's not getting, 5/10 minutes here and there isn't helping him. I don't think he's not trying, just that he's finding it difficult to get into the pace of the game so late on. He's never played premier league football before - look how long it took the rest of the starting side to become more comfortable.

I said a couple of weeks ago, and got shot down at the time, that sending him back to Chelsea so he can get a loan to another side where he gets more game time might be the best for all concerned. I really don't think we're seeing the best of him coming in cold at the end of games and that is ultimately not helping us either.

I think he'll be sent back in January if we get the targets in we want.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I honestly wonder what he is doing here. From the little l have seen of him he offers absolutely nothing to the team. He doesn't get involved, stays on the periphery of the action, and seems unwilling/unable to get stuck in where it hurts. People got mad at Chuba Akpom at the end of last season, well l can't see much difference.

He also got very matey with Kurt Zouma, his Chelsea colleague on loan at Stoke, whilst warming up before our last home match. Well that needs to be knocked on the head. By all means share a laugh and a joke after the game. But pre match he needs to be totally focussed.

In short, he is a typical loan play sadly. I've no idea if it's possible, but if we can bring someone else in during the January window, I think he should go back to Chelsea.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
this Izzy is very different to the one I saw last year. Town had ( and have) fast players up front and break very quickly which used to suit his game as he would hang off the two front players and as they use fast wingbacks, would pick up the loose ball which tended to.

In general the PL appears a much harder division to shine in, for widemen and pacey forwards coming from other leagues, unless they are exceptional.

Just a few examples, the following players who have far more games under the belt than Izzy, haven’t starred over the first 3 months:

Knockaert, Mounie, Ince and March.

Massed defences and pacey full backs, giving little space.

It was so much easier for AK, SM and Izzy last season.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
I thought our fans were excellent tonight and I noted that practically all the team applauded the fans. Brown was one of the first down the tunnel. I don't think this signing is working out for either party.
If you are picking out Brown for being first down the tunnel, Hemed at Man United was first down the tunnel and did not come over, and Hemed is usually one of the first to appreciate the travelling fans.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If you are picking out Brown for being first down the tunnel, Hemed at Man United was first down the tunnel and did not come over, and Hemed is usually one of the first to appreciate the travelling fans.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Ok, so we'll see what Brown does on Saturday, that's if he makes it onto the pitch. The Albion as a team normally stick around to clap the home fans and one or two - notably Calderon and Stockdale (in the past), Bruno and latterly Ryan - do a mini lap of honour.

I'd love to see Brown make a big impact in a match and it would be even better if he clapped the fans afterwards. Given Baldock's protracted absence we need Brown even more than we thought and there's a good case for starting him on Saturday.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ok, so we'll see what Brown does on Saturday, that's if he makes it onto the pitch. The Albion as a team normally stick around to clap the home fans and one or two - notably Calderon and Stockdale (in the past), Bruno and latterly Ryan - do a mini lap of honour.

I'd love to see Brown make a big impact in a match and it would be even better if he clapped the fans afterwards. Given Baldock's protracted absence we need Brown even more than we thought and there's a good case for starting him on Saturday.

In place of whom?

Nov 14, 2011
Hassocks
First I would love to see Izzy show the passion he achieved in a Huddersfield shirt, but something is not right and he shows signs of going through the motions when given a small cameo appearance. This will probably be every game he is fit for as Loan players come with a contractual obligation to "play or Pay Double". Harry Redknapp explained to the BBC during his short interview http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40905177 it was a price he wasn't prepared to pay.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
First I would love to see Izzy show the passion he achieved in a Huddersfield shirt, but something is not right and he shows signs of going through the motions when given a small cameo appearance. This will probably be every game he is fit for as Loan players come with a contractual obligation to "play or Pay Double". Harry Redknapp explained to the BBC during his short interview http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40905177 it was a price he wasn't prepared to pay.

Perhaps small cameo appearances here and there, normally don't give a player a chance?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Is this thread (title) not just more than a tad racist!

I am heinously offended - i cant believe it's allowed / hasnt been removed

trying to work out if you're serious...

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Agree and not to mention the bloody international breaks.Has he played more than 3 hrs football this season?
The best solution is to send him back and buy quality that's good enough to start as we will need to rotate....Just don't see him as a regular starter or good enough if we get an injury.
The lad should be in the championship

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In place of whom?

Bench Gross. Great player but was off the pace last night. We need to see what Brown can do; if he's not up to it then we need to bring a player in the window that is.

If it doesn't work out play Gross for the last 25 minutes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bench Gross. Great player but was off the pace last night. We need to see what Brown can do; if he's not up to it then we need to bring a player in the window that is.

If it doesn't work out play Gross for the last 25 minutes.

What a ridiculous idea if we benched everybody who didnt play to their normal standard last night we would have to field the U23s virtually,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here