Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Izquierdo: was he right to shoot?

Izquierdo: was he right to shoot?

• Yes, shooting was the right thing to do

Votes: 134 63.2%
  • No, he should have squared to Propper

Votes: 78 36.8%

• Total voters

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Whaaatttttttt? Of course he should have bleeding passed. It was a simple ball to propper who would have scored. Indefensible

The reason he got so far into the box was because Arter I think it was covered the pass rather than close him down. Only at the final moment did Propper check his run and the clear pass was available, at that point Izqueirdo is 1 on 1 with the keeper and should just slot it past him. Not indefensible at all.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
If the ball was under his control he would have been correct to shoot (even if he missed) but a heavy first touch as he came into the box should have changed his mind and toe poked it across to Propper.

this.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The ball fell to the right man initially as Izquierdo is the only player we have with the pace to carry the ball that distance, but when in the position to shoot he became the wrong man as we really could have done with it falling to someone with a bit of technique and composure. Gross would have scored from there, Izquierdo is just wild in most things he does.

Can you imagine if we had 3 players of similar pace. Would liven things up

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can you imagine if we had 3 players of similar pace. Would liven things up

We have, sadly the other 2 are the reserve right back and the goalie.

It would be funny if it weren't true.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Two Bournemouth players were around Propper so it was the right descion to shoot imo.

Whaaatttttttt? Of course he should have bleeding passed. It was a simple ball to propper who would have scored. Indefensible

Watching from the north stand, as they ran towards us, there was nothing simple about squaring it.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Totally the right thing to do. Not only that, CH should have noted how knackered their defensive line were and should have out Baldock on instead of Izzy

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
One thing that nobody's mentioned which is a big factor in his decision making - he's just sprinted the length of the pitch so he would've been knackered at that point. He's also got a defender on his back since the half way line, I don't think it's realistic for him to look up and see proper at that point. He has to take the shot.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Unfair to give him any criticism today, put in an incredible shift. We should be focusing on that awful scramble that led to the equaliser instead if we're going to criticise

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Given how Propper and Stephens had been all day, if he had passed to Davey chances are he'd have passed it again rather than shoot

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
If he scored it would have been goal of the month or even goal of the season if he had passed and it and was missed he would have been moaned at if he passed and we scored it would have been a great goal it reminded me of Smith must score.
But let's hope we see more runs and goals from him.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
His shot to take rather than pass but overhit his pre-shot touch and it was then too late anyway. Reminded me a bit of Murphy v Reading? last season.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
NSC is full of people moaning the squad doesn't attack and shoot enough. Someone does try to shoot and it's suddenly full of people moaning that he should have passed.

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
90% of players in his shoes after the run he had just made would of shot including me (then again I would never of got that far before I fell over my own feet)

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I thought he was right to shoot but I'm just surprised how he went to do it. I thought he was bound to cut in a little before curling it into the far corner Thierry Henry style.

He almost had too much time to think about it - you actually see this kind of thing happen quite a lot when teams counter in games generally. Players regularly mess it up.

I won't hold it against him though as he was our best player by a distance today and we wouldn't have stood a chance of winning the game anyway without his contribution.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Given how Propper and Stephens had been all day, if he had passed to Davey chances are he'd have passed it again rather than shoot

:lolol:

Stephens would have passed it back to Ryan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here