Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I’ve never started a thread before..

westy

Jul 25, 2003
..But I’m still annoyed. Hear me out.

This Forster situation is what infuriates me about the Albion and pushes my loyalty to the brink.

It should never have come to this..
Why tell the players all contracts will be looked at in the summer and then go and give Adam El-Abd a new deal mid season? No wonder Foz was pi*sed off. Alright he shouldn’t have reacted like he did but he more than anyone deserves a deal and they go and give Adam El-Abd one first, id be just as pi*sed as him. Its disrespectful to Foz after all the goals he’s chipped in not to mention his work rate.

Added to that the clubs clients, i.e. us the fans want to be entertained by class players, let’s be honest that’s what Foz has been from day one and now we are deprived of watching one of the only players who has been worth the over inflated Withdean ticket price over the last few seasons. Who cares if he’s 36, it’s not like he plays or looks like a 36 year old out there. If your good enough your old enough, or in this case young enough.

Only Brighton could sideline their best player when they most need him, on the brink of relegation.
Good work idiots.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
*yawn*

Your wrong by the way but I just cannot be bothered to argue about this subject any more..

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

This Forster situation is what infuriates me about the Albion and pushes my loyalty to the brink.

Why tell the players all contracts will be looked at in the summer and then go and give Adam El-Abd a new deal mid season? No wonder Foz was pi*sed off. Alright he shouldn’t have reacted like he did but he more than anyone deserves a deal and they go and give Adam El-Abd one first, id be just as pi*sed as him. Its disrespectful to Foz after all the goals he’s chipped in not to mention his work rate.

Added to that the clubs clients, i.e. us the fans want to be entertained by class players, let’s be honest that’s what Foz has been from day one and now we are deprived of watching one of the only players who has been worth the over inflated Withdean ticket price over the last few seasons. Who cares if he’s 36, it’s not like he plays or looks like a 36 year old out there. If your good enough your old enough, or in this case young enough.

Only Brighton could sideline their best player when they most need him, on the brink of relegation.
Good work idiots.
O and i agree bud:thumbsup:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Good work idiots.

When Forster pulled this stunt not only was he sticking two fingers up at the club he was also doing it to us ... the fans. He obviously doesn't give a sh*t about the club, his team mates or us because if he did he wouldn't have done what he did.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I kind of agree with you really, although Forster could still have handled it better. But whichever way you look at it it is absolutely crazy to be in a position where our top goalscorer isn't even included in the sqaud when we are battling against relegation. Completely barmy.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Obviously I can see why people have reacted angrily to the way Forster handled it but the club shouldn’t have put him in the position where he was so fed up he reacted like he did. Aren’t you supposed to look after your best employees?? We are in the brown stuff and we need the bloke out there.. I don’t really want to be watching us at the likes of Dagenham & Redbridge in the league next year.

You have a point, in that the club's reasoning was off a bit, handing out a contract to El-Abd after saying they would be dealt with in the summer. However Forster seems (and that's all we say, as we are cruelly shorn of the facts) to have got a bit Billy big-bollocks about it. He's almost 37 and there's no way that he can be automatically entitled to a contract, ESPECIALLY when we don't know what division we're going to be in next season. I'd bet he's on a damnsight more than El-Abd as well.

For me, given what little we know, I'd say blame is no more than 25-75 club-Forster, possibly even 20-80.

In terms of Forster playing, if he's in dispute with the club (which he clearly is), it's extremely doubtful that he's in the right mental state to go out on the pitch and represent the club, no matter how professional we may think he is.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
When Forster pulled this stunt not only was he sticking two fingers up at the club he was also doing it to us ... the fans. He obviously doesn't give a sh*t about the club, his team mates or us because if he did he wouldn't have done what he did.

Exactly what stunt do you know that Forster pulled, as opposed to hearsay comments.

*yawn*

Your wrong by the way but I just cannot be bothered to argue about this subject any more..

No, he's right actually. Too many people seem to think this is a black and white situation, ie Poyet is right or Forster is right. In fact, they are both in the wrong.

You have a point, in that the club's reasoning was off a bit, handing out a contract to El-Abd after saying they would be dealt with in the summer. However Forster seems (and that's all we say, as we are cruelly shorn of the facts) to have got a bit Billy big-bollocks about it. He's almost 37 and there's no way that he can be automatically entitled to a contract, ESPECIALLY when we don't know what division we're going to be in next season. I'd bet he's on a damnsight more than El-Abd as well.No players of any age is guranteed a contract. We also don't know what division we will be in when El Abd was awarded his extension!

For me, given what little we know, I'd say blame is no more than 25-75 club-Forster, possibly even 20-80. 50/50

In terms of Forster playing, if he's in dispute with the club (which he clearly is), it's extremely doubtful that he's in the right mental state to go out on the pitch and represent the club, no matter how professional we may think he is.Rubbish

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If this was the 1st time something like this had happened I'd also be blaming Forster but the club now has a reputation for f***ing players off by doing nothing until the 11th hour on contracts. Harding and Hammond spring to mind and most of the team that got relegated from the Championship.

No players of any age is guranteed a contract. We also don't know what division we will be in when El Abd was awarded his extension!

I agree that no-one is guaranteed a contract. Of course we don't know, but as I said I suspect that El Abd is on quite a lot less than Forster, so is not likely to be the burden that Forsters wage's could be if we are in League 2.

"In terms of Forster playing, if he's in dispute with the club (which he clearly is), it's extremely doubtful that he's in the right mental state to go out on the pitch and represent the club, no matter how professional we may think he is."

Based on what? Have you spoken to Forster? Do you know? I'm far more willing to accept Poyet's view, as someone who's worked with him, than any of us spouting bollocks on a messageboard.

If this was the 1st time something like this had happened I'd also be blaming Forster but the club now has a reputation for f***ing players off by doing nothing until the 11th hour on contracts. Harding and Hammond spring to mind and most of the team that got relegated from the Championship.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't pretty much all of the senior management at the club changed in that time? DK has gone, Perry has gone, the manager has changed (about 4 times!). I'm not sure Harding, Hammond et al are still a stick we can use to beat the club with.

It seems pretty clear that Forster wanted to stay. However, that does not give him the right to attempt to force the clubs hand (if that is what he did) into offering him a new contract, no matter how they have dealt with things with other employees. If someone at your work, in a different department, and a more junior role, was given a pay rise by the MD, would you be straight banging on the door demanding one as well?

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Maybe both club and Forster are being "Billy Big Bollocks" about it, to the detriment of, well everyone. Forster, the Club and our prospects of staying up, the fans and who's the winner? Beats me.

Another fine mess in January to do with contracts - how very predictably suicidal. Anyone seen my mojo - I mislaid it a while ago...

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't pretty much all of the senior management at the club changed in that time??

Yep but, sadly, the way we leave contract talks until the 11th hour for our better players obviously hasn't

One of the reasons we never seem to know which division we are gonna be in is the f***ing around in January. Is that not the Board's fault either?

Yep but, sadly, the way we leave contract talks until the 11th hour for our better players obviously hasn't

One of the reasons we never seem to know which division we are gonna be in is the f***ing around in January. Is that not the Board's fault either?

I'm not saying the board isn't at fault. It was extremely stupid to say that no contracts would be renegotiated until the summer and then renegotiate one.

I'm not quite sure when you expect contract negotiations with players to start? As far as I'm aware with Hammond they started in September/October, and it became clear by January that an impasse had been reached and he was sold. Was that not early enough?

What do you mean by f***ing around? Should they simply offer contracts, at the players terms, to everyone that wants one? Last January the board made a concerted effort to keep us in the division by spending an absolute fortune (by L1 standards) on new players and loanees, and it didn't do us one bit of good (at least until the very last minute).

I'd be genuinely interested to know when most League 1 teams do their contract negotiations. I suspect that at this level it is a lot more last minute than some people on here seem to think. In this case, I do not think that the timing of the activity is the problem, rather that one contract has been renewed earlier than suggested.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What do you mean by f***ing around? .

I guess I mean that every January there is upheaval that could possibly have been avoided with a bit of tact and good man management. The Savage/Hammond/O'Callagham saga, the late sacking of Adams immediately after he was allowed to bring in a raft of players, and now Forstergate. Maybe the club are not at fault and we have more than our fair share of fuckwitted players :lolol:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
For what it's worth I think the argument that he should wait until the end of the season when his contract ends fell when the club made the quite extra-ordinary decision to give el abd a contract ahead of the transfer deadline. That was crass in the extreme; ill considered; and disrespectful to the others out of contract IF (and it's a big if) we are not talking to them as well. as appears to be the case with Forster.

However, no matter what may be the background, Forster's response - whether deliberately or accidentally released direct to SSN - is unprofessional and should not be condoned.

The manager manages and must be allowed to do so as those who were so critical of Dick Knight would do well to remember. If he gets it wrong he knows the consequences and how quickly the axe may fall. It's not for us (or for that matter the club) to unduly tie his hands.

That said I am sure there will be moves behind the scenes to smooth troubled waters and they will kiss and make up soon enough - or at least find an uneasy truce.............it's in all their interests to do so

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Yeah, good idea starting a new thread on Forster.

Don't think the issue is being discussed elsewhere.

:wozza:

Perhaps he's not sad enough to be on here enough to read every single word that's ever posted on NSC. Sorry we're not worthy!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Perhaps he's not sad enough to be on here enough to read every single word that's ever posted on NSC. Sorry we're not worthy!

I think even the most casual observer would notice all the other threads on Forster.

Unless you're really, really thick.

The frustratng thing about this whole situation is that the vast majority feel Forster is worth an automatic extra year - his stats don't lie and when you get the sort of comments that Martin O'Neill said about him - he is a rare piece of quality in a team sadly lacking.

Yes he is getting on and yes - we don't know what div we will be in next season. However it doesn't take rocket science to negotiate some sort of dual offer which can reflect where we actually end up. Not perfect but at least it's an offer and one that he probably deserves.

However it seems the club wants to ignore the issue - set a precedent with El Abd and upset a senior pro - clever - not.

So someone somewhere in the club could have shown a better standard of man management and as the original post mentioned - us the paying punters should be getting to see our numero uno striker at a time when we need him most.

For those that say he isn't all that - look back at Walsall and Villa - not long ago was it - and without his superb first strike we would be 2 points worse off.

If this does backfire on the club and we are relegated through a lack of goals through missing him - I suspect a great number of people may view this incident as being an utter shambles by the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here