Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've bollocksed up my laptop

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
To the OP-I'd interrogate the missus myself (well not exactly myself),i smell a rat and i suspect her silence is merely a devious feminine ploy,culminating in the fateful words "Never mind darling,the old laptop was rubbish anyway,let me get me/ you a nice new one".

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Guess i'm different, when things like this break or go wrong it never enters my thinking "insurance". laptop screens break get it replaced, Ipod get lost / broken, buy them a new one.
Had contents insurance for 30+ years now and never given it thought to claim for things like these or had cause to make a claim, assumed it was for burglaries break ins etc for some reason I'd assumed there would be a reason they would not cover electronic items.

depends also on your excess! mine was £150 - it cost me £138 to get it fixed.

matey

Mar 16, 2014
Spent less than a tenner off ebay for a new laptop keyboard for my Dell Inspiron. About 15 minutes to replace.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
depends also on your excess! mine was £150 - it cost me £138 to get it fixed.

I'm seriously pizzed off with the great insurance Con of "excess". There never used to be feckin excess, which now probably means less than half of thefts and accidents aren't claimed for, as with small car accidents also. So you would think premiums might come down a bit wouldn't you. Of course you wouldn't think that. I'm talking crap because I like the rest of us have got so used to being ripped off that we just shrug, whinge and get on with it..... Bar Stewards. :rant:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I'm seriously pizzed off with the great insurance Con of "excess". There never used to be feckin excess, which now probably means less than half of thefts and accidents aren't claimed for, as with small car accidents also. So you would think premiums might come down a bit wouldn't you. Of course you wouldn't think that. I'm talking crap because I like the rest of us have got so used to being ripped off that we just shrug, whinge and get on with it..... Bar Stewards. :rant:

With car insurance I thought it was to stop the stupidity small claims for tiny amounts that cost more to admin than the cost of the claim, but you're right you would have expected claims to come down.
But now it's just excepted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here