Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ITV EFL Cup Highlights

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Weird selection of games for extended highlights - LiVerpool v Derby (home banker), Wolves v Leeds (two EPL strugglers), but 1st v 6th in the Premier League gets 30 seconds. What the f**k is that about?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Freely admit I could be wrong but I'm guessing only the games that were picked for TV coverage had actual commentary on the highlights, all the others had the voice over stuff added later.

It wouldn't surprise me if they'd picked which order the games were shown before a ball had even been kicked, that way they can prioritise which highlights package to do first, irrespective of the result which is why you had dull 0-0s ahead of the current Premier League leaders being knocked out at home. Something has got to give when all the games finished less than an hour before the show started.

I actually fell asleep before they showed our game and only woke up to the brief discussion between Jules and Glenn and genuinely thought that'd all they had showed of our game.

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Freely admit I could be wrong but I'm guessing only the games that were picked for TV coverage had actual commentary on the highlights, all the others had the voice over stuff added later.

It wouldn't surprise me if they'd picked which order the games were shown before a ball had even been kicked, that way they can prioritise which highlights package to do first, irrespective of the result which is why you had dull 0-0s ahead of the current Premier League leaders being knocked out at home. Something has got to give when all the games finished less than an hour before the show started.

I actually fell asleep before they showed out game and only woke up to the brief discussion between Jukes and Glenn and genuinely thought that'd all they had showed of our game.
Yeah, they always decide before but can't really understand why our game wasn't picked. Probably assumed mightly Arsenal would have an easy ride against little ole Brighton.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Out of interest, is there an independant company that does all football highlights? In other words, company 'A' will put together MotD along with ITV. I ask as whoever does the ITV highlights can only have a few matches to do each month with both cups but no EPL games. Editing Corrie with days of prep time is nothing like football and 30 minuts deadline.
ps The Albions highlights package is obviously very biased!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Our YouTube account had 8 minutes of highlights.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Weird selection of games for extended highlights - LiVerpool v Derby (home banker), Wolves v Leeds (two EPL strugglers), but 1st v 6th in the Premier League gets 30 seconds. What the f**k is that about?
It took so long I fell asleep in front of the telly and missed it. Couldn't be arsed to rewind. Have the club posted highlights on youtube I wonder? (Edit: I see from a post above it has).

Radio 5 mentioned 'there were defeats for Arsenal and Spurs' this morning without mentioning to whom.

Not sure if this means we are safely back under the radar or not.....

Last edited:

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I came on to post the same! Found the ‘highlights’ on ITV catch up this morning and thought we’d be first on!! Bizarre!! I need to see the full build up to Mitoma’s goal to see if it was as good as it looked in real life 😱

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I came on to post the same! Found the ‘highlights’ on ITV catch up this morning and thought we’d be first on!! Bizarre!! I need to see the full build up to Mitoma’s goal to see if it was as good as it looked in real life 😱
The clips provided online last night showed more of the build up for Mitoma's goal. What led them to think 'Let's cut off a couple seconds there to help the run time' when it was a lovely passing move that led to a goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here