Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iTunes - help!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Ok guys and gals, time to dip into the font of knowledge once more.

Scenario ... laptop buggered, new one purchased. Downloaded iTunes on the new laptop, but when I plug in my Nano it wants to erase it and replace it with a sync with the new and empty itunes library. How can I sync it the other way so that the music and podcasts that are on my nano get copied across onto my library?

Ta.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Music Rescue will do it, I don't think it's possible to do it through iTunes.

Nice one, will that then creat the music in a folder I can transfer in to my (new) iTunes library?

Will that also pick up Podcasts off the Nano, or do I have to trawl through setting up all my subscriptions again?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Some additional help please (apologies) for asking on same thread.

Loaded around 200 odd tracks off CDs on ipod touch for the wifey and it said it was more than 8 GB where mine has around 650 songs.

What is going wrong ?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Nice one, will that then creat the music in a folder I can transfer in to my (new) iTunes library?

Will that also pick up Podcasts off the Nano, or do I have to trawl through setting up all my subscriptions again?

It will restore the music within the correct file structure, it wont pick up your subsciptions though, I'm afraid! It will pull off the podcasts though.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Some additional help please (apologies) for asking on same thread.

Loaded around 200 odd tracks off CDs on ipod touch for the wifey and it said it was more than 8 GB where mine has around 650 songs.

What is going wrong ?

What are the import settings for CD's you might be importing them in very high quality. Preferences > General > Import Settings. What does it say on there?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What are the import settings for CD's you might be importing them in very high quality. Preferences > General > Import Settings. What does it say on there?

Import setting was AAC Encoder so what is a lower one ?

Bigger issue - her account is on the Netbook so I copy them on the Mac from the CD to a memory stick so any suggestion, should I import them to my iTunes then copy to a memory stick ?

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not sure but how can I move things from my iTunes to a memory stick ?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Fine the files in iTunes, select the ones you want, right click and select show in explorer.

Or all of the files should be in My Documents > Music > iTunes > iTunes Media > Music > Artist Name > Album Name

Then drag them across to the memory stick.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Got it - cheers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here