Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's very expensive to watch football...

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
...which (in my opinion) is one of the reasons (maybe not the main reason) why the crowds are not great this year. Subsequently the atmosphere is naturally even more non-existant.

Would an innovation work in that from next season, the club slashed all ticket prices across the board by 30% in a bid to get more fans in? Maybe what we'd lose out on extra money from the current ticket prices, would be made up by hitting nearer full houses? Surely a break even figure could be achieved (assuming fans came back) and the atmosphere might be more arousing than it currently is?

Of course all this assumes fans are willing to come back.. maybe enticement is what's needed...

Awaits flaming...

Last edited:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Unfortunately it doesn't matter if the tickets were only £15 at the moment i don't think many more would go as the games/ team/ results are shite - sad fact people want to be entertained and be part of something succesful- the product on the pitch is good they would probably pay £30 a game .

Also Brightons a town full of Cockneys it's lost it's roots and it's people and it's history is going with it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've not a cockney, from Sussex but if we get a stadium and we can attract these Brighton "newbies" surely that's a good thing ? A bit of disposible income to waste on a few matches.....

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
No flaming. Just a serious reply.

I think you're right. and for several reasons.

1) A team ALWAYS plays better with a full supportive crowd behind them than in a half empty running track.
2) Oppositions may actually feel intimidated. Who the hell wants to come down to a hole like Withdean with over 90% of the crowd against them.
3) It's an investment for the future. Despite the likes of Abramovitch- we fans are the life of a football club. Without us there's nothing. At the moment Brighton kids are not supporting the Albion.
4) We need as many fans at the moment as we can to get Falmer through.
5) We don't have a say in who plays or what tactics to employ but we have to do our bit to get the club out of this malaise. Brighton playing to full capacity is our way of helping.

I love Brighton. With all my heart, I truly love them and what's happening at the moment is so so painful. (...expecting a flame for that admission..)

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Offers would piss off season ticket holders who have already paid more

Offering £10 admission to the East Stand would be a help - any season ticket holders in this stand could surely be moved to other areas such as south stand with better views???

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's definately something worth debating, however loudly you get shouted down on the subject (like I was today when I brought the subject up)

I'm not criticising the club, I would think that off the field they are working at full stretch with limited resources.

As a season ticket holder I have ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM AT ALL, with the club dropping prices though the floor for the odd game to get people through the door.

Not for the rest of the season, but say the next home game, sell a thousand tickets half price as a special offer.

I've heard the argument that people will just wait for the cheaper tickets to come along, but such a promotion isn't uncommon, that's what the train companies do isn't it ? and I don't see the rail season ticket holders complaining.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton

Offering £10 admission to the East Stand would be a help - any season ticket holders in this stand could surely be moved to other areas such as south stand with better views

As a season ticket holder I would have no problem with that AC Gull, as the view from there is shite I think £10 a ticket would be a great idea and probably should have been done at the begining of the season.

Surely the club should have done some market research with stay away fans and found out what they would be pre-paired to pay, but ultimately if the product is crap it would be hard to give those seats away!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
ac gull said:

Offering £10 admission to the East Stand would be a help - any season ticket holders in this stand could surely be moved to other areas such as south stand with better views???

I agree - but as i said in my original post, this would be from NEXT season, just to be fair.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Re: Re: It's very expensive to watch football...

Fragmented Badger said:
Whatever turns you on, mate:lolol:

I'm easily pleased! :lolol:

Minge

Jan 3, 2005
You can get a season ticket at Barcelona for about 300 Euros. We pay well over the odds in this country for football.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I just paid about £25 for TWO tickets for a top NBA game.

I don't even like B-Ball but I know I'm gonna have a better time there than at Withdean.

Obscene prices.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
You could give tickets away for free and the seats would still be empty, yesterday was a massive wasted opportunity. If we had played well and given Blackpool a hiding then loads of people watching on TV might well have thought lets get down there for the next game but how many people after watching that will want to go to the Northampton game now ?

Jul 5, 2003
London
I paid AUS$10 (about £4.50) to watch Melbourne play. They managed to get 40,000 against Sydney.

Tickets to the AFL games are about the same price and that's watching sport in the best stadium in the world - the MCG.

Those are for students but adult prices aren't that much more expensive. I know the cost of living is less down here but sport is so much cheaper than England. Watching live music is pretty much the same price as blighty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here