Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Its Us or Carlisle

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Basically,looking at the table and the fact Northampton have 2 games left and the goal differences,It is a 2 way shoot out.
They have Millwall at home which i think they can win.
I think we must win next week.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Carlisle have only won twice in their last 20 games - against Crewe and us. In other words, they have only beaten shit teams (we were playing ultra shit when they played us). That gives me a little bit of confidence, as long as Millwall are bothered.

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
Carlisle have only won twice in their last 20 games - against Crewe and us. In other words, they have only beaten shit teams (we were playing ultra shit when they played us). That gives me a little bit of confidence, as long as Millwall are bothered.

if i remember ..wernt they top of table very early in season ???

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
if i remember ..wernt they top of table very early in season ???

Amazing to think they were all but promoted last season and fell away right at the end and lost in the playoffs.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Plus Carlisle had 2 sent off today. Not sure who they were but will be missing next week for sure.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
If Harlepool lose 3-0 next week, and Carlisle win 3-0 and Brighton win too and Northampton get at least one draw, Hartlepool would go down

Herbie 53

Jul 27, 2007
Northampton can lose both games and providing we draw with Stockport we are safe whatever carlisle do! If Carlisle win with that scenario, then it would be Northampton that go down!!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I disagree.

Next week, if for the sake of argument Northampton and Brighton win and Carlisle win 3-0, and Hartlepool lose 3-0, Hartlepool go down.

Unlikely, but not impossible.

Thats what i am saying.Very unlikely.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
gainst Millwall that is unlikely, but we can't afford to rely on that. My big worry is that Withdean will be full to bursting, full of expectation..........and on past experience, what usually happens next?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
gainst Millwall that is unlikely, but we can't afford to rely on that. My big worry is that Withdean will be full to bursting, full of expectation..........and on past experience, what usually happens next?
Don't know what happened there - should have read "Carlisle have to win against Millwall that is unlikely, but we can't afford to rely on that. My big worry is that Withdean will be full to bursting, full of expectation..........and on past experience, what usually happens next?"

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Can't worry about other teams get the win and its all good, thats what we have to go for

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
So, after Saturday 25 April's results, the situation is:

If Brighton win v Stockport
We stay up

If Brighton draw v Stockport
We need Carlisle to draw or lose at Millwall

But if Carlisle win at Millwall, we need Northampton to lose both remaining games to MK Dons (h) and Leeds (a) - both opponents with nothing to play for.

If Brighton lose v Stockport
We need Carlisle to draw or lose at Millwall, and the total goal difference of our defeat together with an unwanted Crewe victory to not be more than four goals (otherwise Crewe would send Brighton and Carlisle down).
But if Carlisle win at Millwall, we need Northampton to lose both games by massive margins - such as 9-0 and 9-0 (and even then if might not be enough)!

(Stockport have no chance of relegation - even if they got deducted 10 points this season)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here