Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] It's the opposition, not us

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Following endless reports of how badly the opposition seem to play against us, thus allowing us to win/draw against allcomers, I've pre-written the script for MOTD for this season.
v Spurs. No disrespect to Brighton but you could see the Spurs team were very tired after two huge games against Arsenal and Frankfurt away.
v Brentford (played Friday). Quick look at last nights game, yep and see you next week.
v Forest. No disrespect to Brighton but the Forest team has yet to gel.
v Man City. No disrespect to Brighton but United also scored 3.
v Chelsea. No disrespect to Brighton but Potter hasn't got his team playing as they should and, let's be honest, that was his Brighton team.
v Wolves. No disrespect to Brighton but Wolves are still looking for a full time manager and were in disarray.
v Aston Villa. No disrespect to Brighton but the Villa team all had their world cup tickets in their hands and didn't want to get injured.
v Saints. No disrespect to Brighton but Southampton hadn't played as a team for 6 weeks due to the world cup.
I could go on......

Yes I'm bored.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Following endless reports of how badly the opposition seem to play against us, thus allowing us to win/draw against allcomers, I've pre-written the script for MOTD for this season.
v Spurs. No disrespect to Brighton but you could see the Spurs team were very tired after two huge games against Arsenal and Frankfurt away.
v Brentford (played Friday). Quick look at last nights game, yep and see you next week.
v Chelsea. No disrespect to Brighton but Potter hasn't got his team playing as they should and, let's be honest, that was his Brighton team.
v Wolves. No disrespect to Brighton but Wolves are still looking for a full time manager and were in disarray.
v Aston Villa. No disrespect to Brighton but the Villa team all had their world cup tickets in their hands and didn't want to get injured.
v Saints. No disrespect to Brighton but Southampton hadn't played as a team for 6 weeks due to the world cup.
I could go on......

Yes I'm bored.

Genius :lolol: :thumbsup:

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011

v Spurs. No respect to Brighton but you could see the Spurs team were very tired after two huge games against Arsenal and Frankfurt away.
v Forest. No respect to Brighton but the Forest team has yet to gel.
v Man City. No respect to Brighton but United also scored 3.
v Chelsea. No respect to Brighton but Potter hasn't got his team playing as they should and, let's be honest, that was his Brighton team.
v Wolves. No respect to Brighton but Wolves are still looking for a full time manager and were in disarray.
v Aston Villa. No respect to Brighton but the Villa team all had their world cup tickets in their hands and didn't want to get injured.
v Saints. No respect to Brighton but Southampton hadn't played as a team for 6 weeks due to the world cup.
I could go on......

Yes I'm bored.

I’ve edited it slightly

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I could go on......

Yes I'm bored.

Absolutely!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I don't know whether I'm just watching different programmes or podcasts, but I think that this season we ARE getting credit.

Shearer for example spend his whole analysis saying both Liverpool are awful, but Brighton were fantastic, both of which were true. I think he used the word "fantastic" about 8 times when describing us

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I quite like it in a way. All the time it's because the other team fall below their level it means we go under the radar. Long may that continue.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
It's been going on for ages. It's amazing how in recent months Spurs, Arsenal, Leeds, Leicester, Man U, Liverpool, West Ham and Wolves have all had "off days" when they have played us. I'm quite happy to stay under the radar but it shows most pundits really haven't got a clue.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I don't know whether I'm just watching different programmes or podcasts, but I think that this season we ARE getting credit.

Shearer for example spend his whole analysis saying both Liverpool are awful, but Brighton were fantastic, both of which were true. I think he used the word "fantastic" about 8 times when describing us
Yes, I agree.

Nothing but compliments, apart from Souness who was back tracking this morning on Talksport when Jordan read out him managing 5 teams in 5 years.

To be honest I'm quite happy for them to keep saying the opposition had a bad day if we keep winning or getting points at the so called big 6! I really believe we can gatecrash the big 6 this season (maybe 5th or 6th) and even if we did it'll be down to the likes of Chelsea and united having a new manager and needing time to bring their own players and ideas in despite the fact that we ourselves were left in lurch with an entire coaching team leaving!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I quite like it in a way. All the time it's because the other team fall below their level it means we go under the radar. Long may that continue.

We're not under the radar when our better players are being bought by wealthier clubs and then the entire coaching team.

Basically, those teams think we are beneath them, whereas 16 teams are beneath us.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It's been going on for ages. It's amazing how in recent months Spurs, Arsenal, Leeds, Leicester, Man U, Liverpool, West Ham and Wolves have all had "off days" when they have played us. I'm quite happy to stay under the radar but it shows most pundits really haven't got a clue.

Except this isn't what has happened. Not just MOTD, but radio, podcasts ,print, sky/BT, pretty much everywhere - Albion are absolutely getting credit for their impressive form/displays.
MOTD called our football "Delicious" on Saturday. Shearer, Ian Wright and Mark Chapman all acknowledged how fantastic we were and how they enjoyed watching our football. . See here also for the papers and their praise. https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2835625/the-media-review-liverpool/ Won't quote some podcasts but they've all done likewise.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm a huge fan of how we've gone from being under the radar to being above the radar but the pundits are absolutely adamant that we're definitely not above the radar

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I didn't hear what Sourness said about the performance this morning, but he DID put Trossard in his 'team of the weekend'...

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Except this isn't what has happened. Not just MOTD, but radio, podcasts ,print, sky/BT, pretty much everywhere - Albion are absolutely getting credit for their impressive form/displays.
MOTD called our football "Delicious" on Saturday. Shearer, Ian Wright and Mark Chapman all acknowledged how fantastic we were and how they enjoyed watching our football. . See here also for the papers and their praise. https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2835625/the-media-review-liverpool/ Won't quote some podcasts but they've all done likewise.

I disagree to an extent. I'm sure neither of us can be bothered (and it really doesn't matter anyway) but I'd be willing to bet that virtually every summary of each game on MOTD and in the general neutral media may well have started with an acknowledgment of how well we have played but the narrative quickly shifts to how poor the opposition was and what they did wrong. Certainly on Saturday Shearer quickly analysed how Liverpool were too slow and lethargic, much the same analysis as Spurs, Arsenal and Man U received last season and surely no one can forget all the headlines when we beat Man U on the first day of the season. I completely agree that we are getting a lot of praise though.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I disagree to an extent. I'm sure neither of us can be bothered (and it really doesn't matter anyway) but I'd be willing to bet that virtually every summary of each game on MOTD and in the general neutral media may well have started with an acknowledgment of how well we have played but the narrative quickly shifts to how poor the opposition was and what they did wrong. Certainly on Saturday Shearer quickly analysed how Liverpool were too slow and lethargic, much the same analysis as Spurs, Arsenal and Man U received last season and surely no one can forget all the headlines when we beat Man U on the first day of the season. I completely agree that we are getting a lot of praise though.
Eric Ten Hag: Brighton didn't set up how we expected them to.

To

Jurgen Klopp: Brighton didn't set up how we expected them to.

Not sure how that proves the point, but I'm confident it does.

Seagull on the Hill

Jan 22, 2022

I’m sure he also said”Brighton were magnificent “.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Sensitive Seagulls. Well, seagulls do like chips and there seems to be plenty of shoulders for them to peck at.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here