Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's Southgate!!!!!

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
If Dickinson figure is true surely that would include the wages involved over the term of the contract rather than any straight fee.....surely.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
The more I read, the more I realise that every NSC poster (without fail) has seemingly limitless access to inside info direct from Tony Blooms office... unbelievable!

No really, it is - unbelievable.

Kosh

Sorry Kosh,your wrong.... I have absolutely NO inside info from the club or Tony Blooms office ! However i, like you,cant quite believe the total,utter, tripe that is constantly being written here ...it is unbelievable !!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
If Southgate gets it, then Tony Bloom can f*** right off as far as I'm concerned

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Can someone please explain to my why so many posters spent the last few months or even years bemoaning the fact that the managers we had employed had to work with the existing coaching set up and couldn't bring in their own choice but now take great delight in pairing up prospective candidates such as Taylor and Southgate. As far as I am aware, they haven't worked together. Surely, if we employ a manager it is down to him who he wants as his assistant and coach.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Can someone please explain to my why so many posters spent the last few months or even years bemoaning the fact that the managers we had employed had to work with the existing coaching set up and couldn't bring in their own choice but now take great delight in pairing up prospective candidates such as Taylor and Southgate. As far as I am aware, they haven't worked together. Surely, if we employ a manager it is down to him who he wants as his assistant and coach.
Indeed
But Taylor has been on record stating that although he no longer wants a managers job, he would be interested in the Albion's no.2 job.
And due to the OP's statement of "It's Southgate" I said that I would be very happy of that pairing !
I'm not saying it will happen, merely that in my opinion it would be a very good set up :thumbsup:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
There are plenty of people on here who are forever making stuff up and claiming to be "in the know", but East Preston Gull doesn't spring to mind as one of them.

For what it's worth, I'm inclined to believe what he's saying. We are only talking "applied for" in the case of Southgate, and it doesn't surprise me that he would apply for it, wanting to get straight back on the horse.

The Dickinson money is whole, but that is the way football is going I'm afraid. £650k doesn't get you 6 Bobby Zamoras I'm afraid, it gets you a young striker who has tried and failed to impress at a higher level. Derby bought hiom for £1m a year ago, they weren't going to sell him for a fiver were they.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
All of the original post is plausible - I think the figure quoted was £350,000 - with signing on fee and agents fees and wages could be around £650,000.

Why do people always want named sources ? most people will know somebody that works for the club , or a friend of a friend. We are in a lot of ways a small club. I hear things from time to time - I wouldn't give my source, why would you drop a mate in it by posting his name on a web site ? If sources have to be named yes we cut out the BS but you will also cut out the juicy stuff. Make your own mind up - if you don't like rumours/gossip don't read the thread.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
If Southgate gets it, then Tony Bloom can f*** right off as far as I'm concerned

Not that I am advocating Southgate but at least give Bloom the benefit of the doubt. If he thinks Southgate is the man for the job, then we should all get behind him, as with anyone who we bring in.

NSC has been at it's worst all week. Normally we hear a lot more news from the club but Bloom is trying to conduct negotiations the right way and people are making up stories so they seem in the know. Bloom might surprise us with a great appointment and if it is Southgate, then just get behind him rather than slagging him and Bloom off.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Lets just remember it's not just about the manager that comes in it's also about the quality of the coaching staff he brings in with him as well, There's abosolutely no reason why Southgate could'nt do a damn good job at the Albion if he brought in the right coaching team with him. Just because he did'nt do that well in the premier league there's no reason to think he could'nt do a good job lower down the league's just as there's some damn good managers lower down who probably would'nt cut it in the premier. Why dont you just wait and see what manager/ coaching team gets brought in and see what sort of job they do before you start spitting your dummy?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Normally we hear a lot more news from the club but Bloom is trying to conduct negotiations the right way

I think that's a really good point. The last appointment, we just seemed to know far too much. It didn't help that we all knew Gannon was THE CHOICE and that he then turned us down. I don't think we should hear anything until they are unveiling the new man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here