Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's National Falmer Day - Post Your Stories HERE

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
The stories on here are bloody fantastic. Well done every one. The best fans in the land must get the stadium they deserve. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Buckingham

Feb 23, 2004
Brighton
Here's a picture of me(on the right) with Trevor Brooking. Thanks to the other Albion fan in the picture whose name i don't know who let us know Trevor was signing autographs.

Bearing in mind Trevor's FA connection and television role, hopefully this will help.

Attachments

• trevor brooking3.jpg
    trevor brooking3.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 744

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I gave a brief report on Stevenage yesterday but here is my experience in more detail. Small in scale compared to others that I have read but every little counts.

Got to Stevenage at 1.45 and parked in the car park in the shadow of the big top of the Moscow State Circus which was occupying most of the field opposite the ground. Cars started trickling in and I approached every group of fans that emptied out. They were almost all Woking fans. They were all really supportive and all understood the issues and the day of action, mostly from SCR coverage. They were all really happy to see an Albion presence at the game. As kick-off approached more Stevenage fans arrived, much less aware of our situation but all very supportive and keen to see how they could help. A severe hailstorm curtailed my activities at 2.30.
After the game I stood at the exit by the home terrace and handed out as many leaflets as I could, with the exception of a couple of fans, who ran away before I could talk to them, everyone was really friendly. I then moved to the mainstand exit to pick up on the bigwigs and, again, universal support including members of the Stevenage Youth Team. I had hoped to catch Barbara and Ken Follett, who had been at the game but missed them, shame given their influence in the Labour party.

The game itself was a classic grudge match between 2 clubs
who have no love for each other. 1-1 with a controversial goal ... good stuff for the neutral.

The biggest problem that I had was that, working alone, I had to strike the right balance between distributing leaflets to the maximum number of people and talking in depth to those with a particular interest. This was a major problem 4.50-5.00 when the crowd was pouring out of the ground.

Overall it felt like it had been really worthwhile

Gosling

Mar 4, 2004
South London
Lush, your post on cpfc.org is great. It's been on there a day now and hasn't been flamed once. You can certainly say you've done your bit to get support from Palace.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Went to the Bears in the evening, and had a fantastic time. Thanks to all that put up with me!

During the day, as I couldn't afford to go to a game was at the Clocktower with Ben Elton's Brother. We got 180-200 letters signed and had a terrific day.

Due to my vocal efforts yesterday, I could hardly speak today! So a quiet afternoon at work for the patients!

Oh yeah! Poor filthy having to walk home eh Poke!:lolol: :lolol:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Buckingham said:
Here's a picture of me(on the right) with Trevor Brooking. Thanks to the other Albion fan in the picture whose name i don't know who let us know Trevor was signing autographs.

Bearing in mind Trevor's FA connection and television role, hopefully this will help.

If he isn't now, then he certainly was the Head of Sport England. Good coup.

Ant (Crawley)

Feb 17, 2004
I know for sure that all the Crawley programmes had leaflets in. How come. I put the blooby things in their. Glad the day went well, All teh Brighton fans got to see Danny Marney score, shame it was offside. Now we've helped you can you help us. Can we have Danny for ever....please

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sorry Ant, I think we might need him back once you've finished sharpening him up!

Also, sorry I didn't see you yesterday - there were too many bloody people there! And I still owe you for the ticket.

And well done again for the leaflets in the programmes. A fine effort.

The Large One said:
If he isn't now, then he certainly was the Head of Sport England. Good coup.

cHIEF eXECUTIVE BUT WAS REPORTEDLY EXPECTING A KNIGHTHOOD FOR HIS SERVICES, UNTIL HE SLAGGED THE GOVT. OFF FOR THEIR POOR MANAGEMNET OF SPORTS FACILITIES. NEVERTHELESS HIS CONNECTIONS GO RIGHT TO THE TOP.

superwife

Aug 13, 2003
With Superphil
As Fran has already said we went to AFC Wimbledon, the response was fantastic, everybody was so supportive. What was also great was how many people had admitted to having looked at our website, signed the online petition and had already sent off their own letters of support.

Nearly everyone wished us good luck and had a story to tell of their own plight. Said that as a Club we led the way on fans taking action.

Please Please Please Mr Prescott, give us Falmer

:wave:

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
That's bizzare, I've just read every message on here, I get to the last one, and it's from Superwife!

I'm really feeling emmotional about all this, this is amazing, the response is superb, WE WILL GET FALMER!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
AFC Wimbledon

Attachments

• afc1.jpg
    afc1.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 463

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Three of us and a banner

Attachments

• afc2.jpg
    afc2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 461

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Agent Edna reporting back for duty after undercover mission deep inside enemy territory. Report safe return and no casualties.

:lolol:

Well I never thought you'd get me forking out £20 to watch Palace, but some things are more important in the wider scheme of things, so off we trundled to Selhurst with a just hint of apprehension.

Shortly after arriving at the ground (and still heavily camouflaged at this point) I found myself hustled into the palatial studio that is home to Palace Radio (available matchdays in the Croydon area, probable number of listeners: 12) and desperately trying to plug the cause. Despite several attempts to take the piss from pony-tailed comedian DJ, I think I winged it pretty reasonably and managed to get the message across.

On to the corner of the Holmesdale Road and the Arthur Waite Stand, and the first test of the Palace fans' reaction to the appearance of Brighton colours on their patch. No such worries for Gosling, who eagerly grabbed the clipboard and was off into the crowds, pinning them down with patter a salesman would have been proud of. General response was very good, helped perhaps by the Save the Seaweed t-shirts, summarised as follows.

Letters signed: 160 odd I think
Leaflets given out: 400 approx
Completely ignored by Palace fans: 50
"Brighton?? Yer 'avin a larf" from Palace fans: 5
"Blimey, you're brave" from Palace fans: 12
"F**k off, you c**ts" by recently-emerged-from-pub Palace pond life: 1
"seriously, good luck guys, we don't want to have to be rivals with Millwall" from Palace fans: hundreds.

Leafleting over, Lush and I decided that sitting with home fans would be pushing our luck a bit too far, so found ourselves seats in the Reading section. I am pleased to report that instinct kicked in properly for me, and I leapt from my seat with joy when Palace conceded the first goal. More letters signed at half time by Reading fans who were pretty much all generous in their wishes.

Highlights of the day for me-

- about 50 Reading fans singing "you're even worse than the Brighton" and "Seagulls" to the Holmesdale end when they equalised.
- A GREAT new chant courtesy of Reading fans. To the Tom Hark tune, it goes "Iain Dowie, Elephant man/Iain Dowie, Elephant man" and is accompanied by the action of waving your arm in front of your face like a trunk. Marvellous scenes.
- Hundreds of Palace fans booing one of their own players (Julian Gray) and singing "get him off, get him off, get him off" to the bench. Great support guys....

Anyway, Gosling gave us fantastic support, as did the majority of Palace and Reading fans, to be fair. Cheers to all.

Edna, Lush, Lolly, Sam, RoyalAli, Sam, Gosling: we took on Palace and won!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh, I forgot, I do have a few photos, which will follow later as soon as my Dad has downloaded them from his camera (which he bravely let me take to Selhurst for the day).

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
What a fantastic group of supporters! You are incredible!!

I was unfortunately in Bahrain on business so couldn't do my bit, but you lot more than made up for it.

Any club in the land would be proud to have fans like the Albion's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here