Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's Monday it's 6:30am and the trains .......

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
So why terminate a jammed packed train at East Croydon, just to justify their timetable and save money . Thats not providing a service so i do blame them .

I've had this argument with Southern, why terminate a packed train at EC, just so 10 people going South can get there on time. Their response was that they need to make up time as soon as possible, otherwise there is a knock-on through the whole day.

Yup, I didn't believe it either.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I've had this argument with Southern, why terminate a packed train at EC, just so 10 people going South can get there on time. Their response was that they need to make up time as soon as possible, otherwise there is a knock-on through the whole day.

Yup, I didn't believe it either.

Its because Southern have forgotten that their purpose is to move PEOPLE from one place to another. They have become obsessed with moving rolling stock instead.

The government targets on timekeeping should be changed from % of trains to % of passengers on time and then suddenly Southern (and others) would remember what they are supposed to be doing and offer some customer service.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Well it's going to get worse and worse - so well done all of you who voted Tory and therefore for limited investment in our creaking infrastructure in the south east and massive investment in a HS2 vanity project - Poor train services are getting poorer and will put people off coming down to Brighton and commuting from here . Actually that might not be a bad thing!

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Well it's going to get worse and worse - so well done all of you who voted Tory and therefore for limited investment in our creaking infrastructure in the south east and massive investment in a HS2 vanity project - Poor train services are getting poorer and will put people off coming down to Brighton and commuting from here . Actually that might not be a bad thing!

And other parties would have invested billions in the infrastructure not !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here