Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] It's meter reading day - do it today

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
most smart meters will send readings automatically, however some of the first few generations of smart meters only communicate woith the original supplier, so IF you have changed supplier since its best to manually add a reading. Smart meters should show the supplier name on the readouts. If in doubt send a reading , it wont hurt.

My supplier (SO Energy) emailed me saying they were receiving readings and I didnt need to send.

Same here … also with SO Energy

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If your smart meter is reliably and consistently reporting your usage (some don't apparently), then probably not.

I'd still be taking a quick look and jotting it down just in case though.

One bod on radio 5 suggested taking a photo of it too. But it is easy to change the date stamp on a JPG or whatever.

I submitted my readings online. I could have just made them up.

So I don't get how anyone will be able to 'correct' a false reading.

It all sounds like the millennium computer virus to me. Incidentally I can fix that if you have it, for a small fee.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
End of September ..three quarters of the year gone already …seems to have whizzed by..where’s the pause button

You don't want to dwell on it surely? On the other hand, perhaps an indefinitely delay to the next Truss announcement might be a blessing.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You don't want to dwell on it surely? On the other hand, perhaps an indefinitely delay to the next Truss announcement might be a blessing.

Harry! You’re becoming obsessed by the woman lol…..life Harry…you get to here in the year and think geez where did that go ..beginning of March I was looking ahead to my nine month busy stretch, with a problem knee and plantar fasciitis wondering how I’ll cope then suddenly I’m nearly through it :moo:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Harry! You’re becoming obsessed by the woman lol…..life Harry…you get to here in the year and think geez where did that go ..beginning of March I was looking ahead to my nine month busy stretch, with a problem knee and plantar fasciitis wondering how I’ll cope then suddenly I’m nearly through it :moo:

Sympathies for the plantar thing. Blooming painful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here