Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's iOS 8 day

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Have to agree...it's unremarkable and the changes Apple have made to things like the photo stream are poor. I've lost 3 years of photos from my photo stream because Apple have decided to remove the one of the most used pieces of software.

I disagree. I think it's remarkable. Buggy still. But remarkable. the extra functionality they've given developers especially - we'll see more of that in the coming months.

What have they removed causing you to lose 3 years worth of photos?

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I've got a Ipad Air and since IOS 8 safari keeps freezing with the little circle flashing at the top, I have reinstalled my wifi but it keeps happening, pc and phones work fine, any ideas?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Have to agree...it's unremarkable and the changes Apple have made to things like the photo stream are poor. I've lost 3 years of photos from my photo stream because Apple have decided to remove the one of the most used pieces of software.

I'm surprised constantly by people not backing up locally. Its foolhardy relying on 3rd party back ups for valuable material!

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008

you have lost no photos, its down to the apps thinking the recent photos folder that was introduced in IOS8 is actually camera Roll which was removed. All your photos are still there, just hit the photos button in the photos app and you will see them all listed in date order.

Camera Roll is coming back in IOS 8.1 which is due out back end of this month so all your apps will be able to access all the photos again. Apple are now following the Android route of updates and will have at least 8.2 and 8.3 released before 9 is out. I presume this is for Apple Pay (out in ISO 8.1), the watch connection code (probably 8.2) and a general update (8.3)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I disagree. I think it's remarkable. Buggy still. But remarkable. the extra functionality they've given developers especially - we'll see more of that in the coming months.

What have they removed causing you to lose 3 years worth of photos?
Surely 'remarkable' is over egging it just a touch?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I'm not sure whether I'm under utilising my phone but I've not noticed a huge difference :shrug:

No you're probably not under utilising it at all. I haven't either. But the "under the hood" stuff which the devs have been given along with continuity, handoff, homekit, health and the future integration with the watch are all pretty huge. I think they made more changes behind the scenes in this release than any others. I guess time will tell with what the devs cook up. But it's pretty exciting.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No you're probably not under utilising it at all. I haven't either. But the "under the hood" stuff which the devs have been given along with continuity, handoff, homekit, health and the future integration with the watch are all pretty huge. I think they made more changes behind the scenes in this release than any others. I guess time will tell with what the devs cook up. But it's pretty exciting.

So their customers are left with a 'buggy' OS that creates various glitches on their devices which didn't exist before. But at least their developers have lots of new bells and whistles to frig about with for when they devise the next disaster to roll out to everyone.

Gotta love apple.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
79 hours download time on my Ipad apparently,

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Load of crap...slow and my pad freezes all the time...The best one was the iOS 6,bloody no issues with that what's so ever!
Doing my nut in

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Three of my most used apps now don't work. A bunch of pictures, possibly those that were shared between my ipod and ipad have disappeared from the photos app. The address bar minimises on safari (a feature the chrome app has had for a while). Other than that I haven't noticed a difference.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Load of crap...slow and my pad freezes all the time...The best one was the iOS 6,bloody no issues with that what's so ever!
Doing my nut in

I am getting this when using NSC, half the page disappears when scrolling up and down the posts on a thread, it's much slower than before the update.

Logging in to NSC is also a chore now, I have to type my user name and password every time, before It automatically did it when I clicked the log in box, I have tried ticking the 'remember me ' box.

I don't seem to have any problems when using Twitter.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I am getting this when using NSC, half the page disappears when scrolling up and down the posts on a thread, it's much slower than before the update.

Logging in to NSC is also a chore now, I have to type my user name and password every time, before It automatically did it when I clicked the log in box, I have tried ticking the 'remember me ' box.

I don't seem to have any problems when using Twitter.

You should just be able to click on the 'Autofill password' which comes up just above the keypad when you go to log in. Not keen on all the other stuff and things definitely feel slower.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
You should just be able to click on the 'Autofill password' which comes up just above the keypad when you go to log in. Not keen on all the other stuff and things definitely feel slower.

:thumbsup:
Thankyou, I have just tried this and it works, I started a thread yesterday asking about the log in and no one could help.

Thanks again.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
So their customers are left with a 'buggy' OS that creates various glitches on their devices which didn't exist before. But at least their developers have lots of new bells and whistles to frig about with for when they devise the next disaster to roll out to everyone.

Gotta love apple.

version 0.x are ALWAYS buggy and crap. 5.0, 6.0, 7.0 all suffered from big problems. Give it a couple of months and all will be well!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Not read the thread, but I installed it on my iPad and it seems pretty awful to me. Facebook and Twitter keep crashing, the browser is incredibly slow and has funtionality that is useless - apart from the bookmark facility, that is a little better.

I would uninstall it, but I can't. Does not seem well tested at all - maybe they expect the customers to do their beta testing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here