Its gary stevens

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex by the Sea

Oct 28, 2008
I don't want to join the speculation of saying who is going to be our next manager, but I can pass on what I saw yesterday....

I'm a season ticket holder in the North Centre and sit near to Gary Stevens, who turns out for each home game and says a few words for the hospitality guests. However he normally just spectates during the game, but yesterday he was making quite a few notes throughout the game. In addition, he was sitting with Aidy Boothroyd.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He has apparently been making notes at matches since the MILLWALL game, which increased the speculation that he will benamed in some management/coaching capacity.

I dont particularly want him but if he is to be then lets act quick and get the situation sorted out once and for all and then try to stay in this division.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
I don't want to join the speculation of saying who is going to be our next manager, but I can pass on what I saw yesterday....

I'm a season ticket holder in the North Centre and sit near to Gary Stevens, who turns out for each home game and says a few words for the hospitality guests. However he normally just spectates during the game, but yesterday he was making quite a few notes throughout the game. In addition, he was sitting with Aidy Boothroyd.

Please, Lets have Aidy Boothroyd:clap:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I was told by someone close to one of the current coaching staff that when Knight met with Adams on THAT Friday night, Knight told Adams that the Bloom's wanted Stevens to join the coaching staff. Adams said that he should be able to chose his own coaching staff, and wouldn't accept Stevens. As they could not then agree, they decided they had to part company. Seems a likely scenario to me. And given how close Stevens is to the Blooms you can't blame Adams for not wanting him.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
My feeling is that it will be Stevens till end of season.

I can't say that I blame Knight or the board either. Mickey just never worked out and he only just signed new players so we can't be exactly flushed with cash to pay him off and pay even more on the big managers some expect on here.

Stevens was there yesterday and was probably busy drawing his formations and notes like he normally does. A few months back I heard someone ask him why he does that and he said something like he "just likes doing it and always does" but I did think it strange at the time.

My guess is we are just going through the motions till end of season and making it look like we are getting a "name" now but will announce the stop gap ( unless he gets great results) soon. With results like yesterday they can't leave the caretakers they have in charge so HAVE to do something more fixed even if it is till close of season

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007

Just saw this - as I said above Stevens ALWAYS makes those notes I saw him doing it it last season too when he sat next to me.

I didn't see Boothroyd there though yesterday

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire

Thats a good sign if boothroyd was watching yesterday, better then having stevens

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have this sneaky suspicion that somebody else is providing the cash and the Blooms are just front men for it. I cannot believe that a professional gambler can continually keep winning sufficient money to keep us going without sometime losing as heavily if not more so than he wins.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I have this sneaky suspicion that somebody else is providing the cash and the Blooms are just front men for it. I cannot believe that a professional gambler can continually keep winning sufficient money to keep us going without sometime losing as heavily if not more so than he wins.

My thoughts exactly. It's quite intriguing really - Knight is a front man for the Blooms, who are front men for someone else!

But I'm still not necessarily ill-disposed towards the Blooms. They seem to be very genuine fans, have kept the club going over the last few years, and have been long term players. If they were in this for a quick buck, then they will have been sorely disappointed!

May 22, 2008
I'm not a big fans of the Bloom brothers Tony and Darren.
Grew up with them but they do have money, Tony sold his t'internet football gambling firm for mega bucks ! he allso married Micheal Tabor the major race horse owner breeders niece !
They are running the Albion like mugs leaving white in charge for 3 games. i'm sure
Gary Stevens could have done better then a 4-0 LOST at home to Crewe.
what do you think?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I hear that Gary is the man too... a huge gamble, IMHO...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports