Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] It's Friiiiiiiidat!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What wine is it? I have never really found a decent Red from Portugal..tell me..

Got drawn to some lovely Douro wines by a couple of sommeliers on recent golf trips down there……..some real hidden treasures. Similar to the Navarra wines of Spain. Tonight’s Douro is courtesy of Tesco Finest (Sogrape Vinhos). Very nice :D

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
It's a G&T for me, have permission from Mrs Jakarta to watch one of my favourite Films (Westworld) on BBC 1 from 11.25 until the early hours - have just paid for a new bumper & respray for her car so I'm in her good books for a while! :lolol:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
In isolation with Omicron, so I’ll be staying in and finishing off the Christmas bottle of Tio Pepe. I’ll treat myself to some olives, Gorgonzola Piccante (brilliant, from Morrisons) and chorizo as appetisers (dog-breath tomorrow is of no consequence when I have to stay on my own). I’ll binge-watch some episodes of The Tourist which has me in its tentacles.

Well, I've had a small glass of Tio Pepe En Rama. Then some Kumeu River Pinot Gris with a prawn curry. And now on to a Cote de Nuits-Villages with a quite delightful cheese selection (Tunworth, Celtic Promise, 4yo Gouda, and Colston Bassett).

Give it an hour or two, and I'll be snoring on the sofa.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Got drawn to some lovely Douro wines by a couple of sommeliers on recent golf trips down there……..some real hidden treasures. Similar to the Navarra wines of Spain. Tonight’s Douro is courtesy of Tesco Finest (Sogrape Vinhos). Very nice :D

Campo de Borja is to Navarra as Navarra is to Rioja. Really good value wines. Toro is worth checking out too as a smaller appellation. Ribera del Duero produces Spain's best wines for me. Most of this is from memory, because I rarely drink Spanish wines these days, largely because I have an aversion to American oak: it's like shagging Jordan when there are plenty of other options available.

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
Having just returned from our very local greek restaurant where we had a nice bottle of an Axia shiraz blend, I have just opened a bottle of 2007 Sassiossa from my cellar of over-aged table wines. Happy Fridat!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It's a G&T for me, have permission from Mrs Jakarta to watch one of my favourite Films (Westworld) on BBC 1 from 11.25 until the early hours - have just paid for a new bumper & respray for her car so I'm in her good books for a while! :lolol:

Did you scuff it parking while pissed? :lolol:

My wine is delicious, should I have a 3rd glass? :rolleyes:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Started with an Unbarred Passionfruit and Citra sour, vey nice indeed, then an Unbarred Tru Thoughts, followed by an Avery’s Barossa Shiraz with some home made Texas Hot Links and Cajun chicken breasts over an oak smoked BBQ.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here