Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's Friday, let's summarise Wikipedia

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I'm very bored and it's Friday. So, let's all go to

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

...and press the "random article" button on the left, and try to summarise whatever pops up, (not cut'n'paste, obviously - that would - somehow - be even MORE pointless).

Adja - something to do with some people who live in Benin, plus a no-doubt slightly weird religion called VODUN

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Gulbrand Oscar Johan Lunde - Norwegian councillor 1940 - 1941

Last edited:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
The Low End Theory The second album by a band called A Tribe Called Quest.

???

WFO

It just gave me things that these initials stand for.

Dentists here on NSC will be aware of the World Federation of Orthodontists of course.
It also appears to be a motorcycling term, used in off road racing - it stands for "Wide Fuckin' Open".

Last edited:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Ken(neth) Higgs (born January 14, 1937, Kidsgrove, Staffordshire, England) was an English fast-medium bowler who was most successful as the opening partner to the incomparable Brian Statham with Lancashire in the 1960s.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Wawa and Concordville Railroad

A tourist railroad in Pennsylvania in the 60's. Unused for about 40 years, but still leaves a lasting impression on the steam tourist industry...

:thud:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The Kurdish Revolutionary Hezbollah (Kurdish: Hizbullahi Kurdi Shorishger) is a splinter group of the Kurdish Hizbullah and Supreme Council for the Islamic Revolution in Iraq. The Kurdish Revolutionary Hezbollah established 1988 in Northern Iraq under the leadership of Adham Barzani, a cousin of Massoud Barzani.

Don;t know how to sum THAT up. ???

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
But I do know the USA competed at the 1936 olympics in Berlin. It was their tenth appearance at the Olympics. :)

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
An Ahool - The ahool is a legendary giant bat, or by other accounts, a pterosaur or flying primate. Named for its distinctive call "A-hool", it is said to live in the deepest rainforests of Java. It is described as having a monkey/ape-like head with large dark eyes, large claws on its forearms, approximately the size of an infant, and with a body covered in gray fur. Possibly the most intriguing and astounding feature is that it is said to have a wingspan of 3 m (12 ft). This is almost twice as long as the largest (known) bat in the world, the common flying fox.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Don't tell me - there are AHOOLS at Falmer :(

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
A wind profiler is a piece of weather observing equipment, a glorified weather vane that uses sound waves to gauge wind speed.

I thought it was going to be aboutmy mothers methane emissions

Last edited:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Bülent Ecevit - A Turkish Politician.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
How about this one.

Dik-dik[b/] - A small antelope named after the noise it makes when alarmed.

Last edited:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
APPARENTLY ...

there are TWO Chinatowns in Houston, Texas - one in the downtown area, the newer one to the west of the city. They are called, somewhat cleverly, "Old Chinatown" and "Chinatown" respectively.

However, the Japanese community is less permanent, and as such tends to spread across the city rather than gyrating towards any one area.

Last edited:

Repugnant Toad said:
APPARENTLY ...

there are TWO Chinatowns in Houston, Texas - one in the downtown area, the newer one to the west of the city. They are called, somewhat cleverly, "Old Chinatown" and "Chinatown" respectively.

However, the Japanese community is less permanent, and as such tends to spread across the city rather than gravitating towards any one area.

I read that as "rather than gyrating towards any one area."
I had a lovely picture in my mind of lots of Japanese people dancing down the street.
:jester:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Santa Croce sull'Arno is an industrial Italian town in Tuscany where they make leather goods. The factories make the town appear bigger than it actually is.

And there's not many people that know that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here