Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] It's Fridaaaaat!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Shared a bottle of Leogate Gatecrasher Central Ranges 2017 Shiraz with the missus alongside fish and chips. Now tucking into a grande Leffe Blonde. Going to crack a bottle of Basil Hayden’s that I brought back from USA earlier this month.
Never mix your drinks :jester:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Finishing off the last few glasses out of a box of Domaine Jean-Marc Astruc Fitou. Supplied by the BIB Wine Company. They sell 2.25l bag in box wines. When you’ve finished the wine, put the box into the recycling and when you’ve finished enough boxes, send the bags and taps back in a prepaid bag to them for recycling into further bags and taps. Great wine, fantastic value, eco friendly and super customer service. Would highly recommend joining their subscription club, which is beyond flexible in how often and what you purchase.

View attachment 153177
As a great pal often says " it's not about the principles it IS about the money " ...so how much does a box/bag cost given that they are reusing them ? Bearing in mind that I can still just about get 3l wine box in France for a tenner ?

Blinkers

Jul 8, 2020
As a great pal often says " it's not about the principles it IS about the money " ...so how much does a box/bag cost given that they are reusing them ? Bearing in mind that I can still just about get 3l wine box in France for a tenner ?
I can’t get to France, so I can’t beat your 3l for a tenner but at around £35 a box it’s comparable to an equivalent off license price per bottle and nearly half as much as a bottle of lesser quality in my local boozer. The pub is becoming too expensive, so for me this is about the money. The cardboard box and bag recycling is an added bonus and they’re not reusing the box (that’s general recycling) and I’d guess that they’ve factored in the recycling costs of the plastics into their retail price (be stupid not to).

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
@Blackadder, Malbec fine, film bad...you know how it ends remember ? Put your pants on your head and stick a pencil up each nostril.
Ha Ha. I have seen 3 versions of AQONTWF now. Good film. Not one if you want a feel good factor. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here