Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] It's come to a point where I don't trust anyone

Vaughan Storm

May 21, 2020
Worthing
Okay so this thread I got no idea if anyone is interested or cares about what I've got to say but I don't think there's anyone at all that I can trust anymore.

I just had my social media hacked by someone I know but it happened mainly by my stupidity. Now this alone isn't the main point but over the course of my life I've had people constantly lie, betray me and just make me feel worthless, some people who I thought were there for me I found out weren't.

Some people will say that is life and that's true it is but I realise how close d*ckheads are to you.

Now I was wondering if anyone feels the same, do you trust no one or not many people?

I know this may be a pointless thread

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Has everyone been taking particularly strong drugs tonight, or is it just the cumulative effect of four days of drinking and waving?

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
I was getting there, then yesterday my wife left her purse on a sidewalk table outside an ice cream shop we had stopped at. We drove home and didn't realize it was missing for another 6 hours. Went back to the ice cream shop this morning and the purse was turned in with everything still inside it. Best we can tell it sat on the sidewalk table for over an hour before it was turned in. There's so many more good people than bad, the bad just get all the focus and can suck the life out of you.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
In about 50 years there will be some study or another about the short, medium and long term effects of social media on society and individuals in the main.

I strongly suspect the results will not make pleasurable reading.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I often think there's so many terrible people around that I wouldn't want to bring a kid into this world, watching the celebrations over the weekend reminded me they're not all bad..

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Okay so this thread I got no idea if anyone is interested or cares about what I've got to say but I don't think there's anyone at all that I can trust anymore.

I just had my social media hacked by someone I know but it happened mainly by my stupidity. Now this alone isn't the main point but over the course of my life I've had people constantly lie, betray me and just make me feel worthless, some people who I thought were there for me I found out weren't.

Some people will say that is life and that's true it is but I realise how close d*ckheads are to you.

Now I was wondering if anyone feels the same, do you trust no one or not many people?

Cheer up Colleen. Nobody cares about your secret life with Wayne.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has everyone been taking particularly strong drugs tonight, or is it just the cumulative effect of four days of drinking and waving?

Wavering, don't you mean? Wavering over continuing to support Johnson or backing someone else in the hope of finally winning that conservative nomination he so craves?

It's Timmy again, isn't it? ???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was getting there, then yesterday my wife left her purse on a sidewalk table outside an ice cream shop we had stopped at. We drove home and didn't realize it was missing for another 6 hours. Went back to the ice cream shop this morning and the purse was turned in with everything still inside it. Best we can tell it sat on the sidewalk table for over an hour before it was turned in. There's so many more good people than bad, the bad just get all the focus and can suck the life out of you.

Well said.

My wife managed to lose her handbag in Shoreham on a night out a few years back, and arrived home (a bit worse for wear) in tears. Her purse had a fair bit of cash in it, her phone was in her bag as well. We blocked the cards and made a few calls to it but no answer. Then I tried calling her phone again in the morning more in hope than in expectation, and a gruff bloke answered - it was the duty officer at St Johns Street police station. The bag had been handed in after a lad in a cycling club had spotted it under a bush by the roadside. He'd handed it to the adult leading the group, who'd then handed it in at the police station. We went along and collected it (after a few questions to describe the purse etc). Not a penny was missing, everything was intact. The relief was intense. The bloke who'd handed it in had left his mobile number with the PC, so I rang it a couple of times with a view to thanking him and giving a reward as a gesture of thanks, but they didn't pick up. So I texted the number to express our gratitude and to say we'd like to offer a reward - the reply came back "no worries, just make a donation to charity instead" with a thumbsup. So we gave £50 to St Barnabas.

Not all heroes wear capes. And sometimes, even cyclists can be decent people.

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec

Whereabouts in Ontario are you?

My partner absent mindedly left her x-country skis in a snow bank 2 winters ago. She only realised a few days later, but when she went to check someone had left a note to say they had them. We purchased a gift card to say thanks, but they refused to accept even that. I find our spot in the Ottawa Valley pretty good on the trust and honesty front!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh, and when on holiday in Turkey, I managed to leave my wallet in a restaurant one night. Cash and cards in there, ID, the works, but I didn't realise until the next morning. What a panic. I dashed back there first thing when they were just opening, and to my intense relief, the guy who'd served us the previous night smiled as soon as he saw me, leaned behind the bar, and brought my wallet out. "You leave in a hurry, no longer want this eh ?". I could've hugged him. Probably a good job I'd left a decent tip.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

Sometimes things hurt and you lose note of the fact that while the Dickhead proportion seems higher nowadays there are still many good, kind people about. Try and treat others like you want to be treated yourself is still a good ethos imo. I sometimes forget this but always try to come back to it.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I got drunk round my mates the other night and he ended up going to bed before me. He is rather upset with me for setting a reminder at 06.30 every day to play the Top Gun theme tune on his Alexa. Previously he'd left his phone unlocked and I changed his birthday on Facebook and laughed at all the Happy Birthdays coming in on the wrong day.

You're not my mate Evans are you?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I know the feeling of betrayal by someone close to me, and that is when you find out who your real friends are. It hurts but you will come through this, and find out there are more good people than bad.
Don’t give up on people, although sometimes you feel like it.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
As has been said already the only things deemed newsworthy these days are the bad things. So that's what we read, see, and hear about.

There are good people out there...

That's life, though. It's been the same for thousands of years. We all trust people, then we get let down. The knack is to bin acquaintances off, for good, when they do let you down.

I give close friends and family one strike though. The second strike, I'm done with them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If this is a genuine thread, I apologise to the OP, but the username....aka Vaughan Toulouse . . . Daniel Stormzy... Paul Valley?

No replies from the OP yet, which is....suggestive. If you want to post a cry for help on social media at least have sufficient. . . . regard for those who reply to make . . some effort to acknowledge.

:shrug:

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North

I know exactly how you feel. But... What I take on board now is that, that is a reflection of them and not of you. Live your life for you. Be as nice as you want to be and feel good that you are approaching things in the right way. Trust in yourself and your close family. I dont feel the need to "trust" in anyone else. I dont go around deliberately not trusting others. I know the people who I can ring in an emergency and thats good enough for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here