Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Italy v Serbia - Abandoned

bullshit detector

Back in the garage
Nov 18, 2003
There was never any trouble like that when it was still YUGOSLAVIA - and their reserves
didn't get to draw with England either!
I blame TITO for dying and the West for engineering the breakup of the Yugoslav Federation :(

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
They are the scum of Europe, and I wish UEFA would chuck them out, knowing full well that they won't, because UEFA are even more useless than our own FA.

i reckon they will kick them, much easier than one of the major nations with all their lovely TV revenue lolly to worry about. set an example with a country i'd imagine with very little clout.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I haven't watched all the video, but it seems to be less rioting and more a few blokes sitting on a fence...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
i reckon they will kick them, much easier than one of the major nations with all their lovely TV revenue lolly to worry about. set an example with a country i'd imagine with very little clout.

Indeed. The authorities are rather slack on teams/countries and their misdemeanours/racism until it is a country/club that most people won't miss.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So around 10 fans can wreck a game, Italian police should have steamed in big time.

I'm sure at 3:41 he says "gay pride" :lolol:

He did.

La Gazzetta dello Sport was claiming earlier on that the main protagonists of tonight's disturbances were the Ultras of Red Star Belgrade - who are also being blamed for an attack on the Pride march in Belgrade last Sunday that left 100 people injured.

They've now changed their story slightly and are dishing out the blame equally to Red Star and Partizan Ultras.

Altri caratteri

inc_14_672-458_resize.jpg

inc_15_672-458_resize.jpg

Foster House

Aug 25, 2010
East Sussex
there not English, so they wont be intrested ???[/QUOTE

Like they weren't interested after England fans caused the premature ending of the clash in Dublin in 1995? I was there that day and seem to remember a sizeable number of the England contingent being involved. And there was Turin 1980, Switzerland 1981, Mexico 1986, Germany 1988, Italy 1990, Sweden 1992....we could go on. Not one single expulsion, not one single point deducted.

I think England have been rather fortunate...

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
They also attacked a random PSG fan beat him half to death then pushed him off 4 story building! The fan died. I don't like the French but the Serbs can be some right evil *****.

The person killed was a Toulouse fan over in Belgrade last year for a European match against Partizan. Toulouse are a club without any hooligan record to speak of, unlike PSG.

Anyone know why the Serbian fans would boo their own anthem?

Anyone know why the Serbian fans would boo their own anthem?
It depends on what reports you read. Sky says that it was Serbian fans booing. Other reports say it was Italian fans.

A significant factor is that Serbia's fascist extremists are opposed to Serbian independence and do not support the pro-European, pro-American Serbian state that has, for example, been "flexible" on the issue of independence for Kosovo.

B92 - Insight - Viewpoint - A revitalized far right in Serbia?

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Its a good job this match was not played in Rome or Naples, things could have got a lot worse. These northern Italians are a lot calmer than the southerners. Credit to the Italian supporters for walking out peacefully when the match was abandoned.

Some things these videos are not showing as I watched it all unfold on Rai Uno.
Serbian supporters giving the Italians the finger. The serbian supporter smashing the barrier to pieces with what looked like a metal chair to get at the Italian supporters, then the camera man showing the supporter handing it back to another serbian supporter and hiding it.

Last edited:

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
made the atmosphere at Wembley last night seam a bit tame!

When the Ukranian fans threw flares at Green when we lost in the WC qualifier the game was not abandoned!

Attachments

• Uk v Eng.JPG
    Uk v Eng.JPG
    7 KB · Views: 240

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here