[Football] Italy V England Final.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sterling was missing most of the match , along side Mount , both had poor games

They had good enough first halves. Italy did a very good job of cutting them off in the second, helped by us retreating into our shells.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Very poor management from southgate.

Rashford penalty run up is just an embarrassment and if it was a proper penalty game is basically won.

Not blaming saka at all. Who put him ahead of grealish and shaw, or Sterling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Had a discussion with my brother and nephew pre match, how nothing would be as good as our promotion year. It felt like the culmination of years of work by fans and club, remember the sheer joy of that and International football pales into insignificance, roll on the new season!

Sent from my EVR-N29 using Tapatalk

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
He's got an awful lot right this tournament and he got the first 45 minutes right here. But Mancini sussed him and he was unable to react to their changes. They nullified our creative players with Sterling and Mount hardly getting a kick in the second half and us becoming far to happy to defend.

But bringing on Saka was a poor decision. The poor kid looked scared rigid and was absolutely hopeless. Whoever's idea it was to stick him on fifth pen needs shooting. You could see he was distraught. And, while we're at it, don't bring Sancho on just to take a pen, Bring on his pace. Give Italy something to worry about.

In other words, I agree with you.

Grrrrr.

That's exactly what happened, in a nutshell.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
They had good enough first halves. Italy did a very good job of cutting them off in the second, helped by us retreating into our shells.

Our best player in the first half was Rice ,with Shaw a close second , Your so called best players are meant to turn up for the big games like Euro finals ours did not ,

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
He's got an awful lot right this tournament and he got the first 45 minutes right here. But Mancini sussed him and he was unable to react to their changes. They nullified our creative players with Sterling and Mount hardly getting a kick in the second half and us becoming far to happy to defend.

But bringing on Saka was a poor decision. The poor kid looked scared rigid and was absolutely hopeless. Whoever's idea it was to stick him on fifth pen needs shooting. You could see he was distraught. And, while we're at it, don't bring Sancho on just to take a pen, Bring on his pace. Give Italy something to worry about.

In other words, I agree with you.

Grrrrr.

Sorry but he got it wrong from about 20mins in when the Italians started to move the ball around with growing confidence.
His plan was to hold onto the one goal and shut up shop. You can do that against some of the lesser teams but not against someone like Italy. He played straight into Mancini’s hands ….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Very poor management from southgate.

Rashford penalty run up is just an embarrassment and if it was a proper penalty game is basically won.

Not blaming saka at all. Who put him ahead of grealish and shaw, or Sterling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prior to this, he had a record of scored 15 missed 2 so I guess his approach to penalties isn't that bad.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The abuse Saka is getting is disgraceful. Poor kid was distraught and really shouldn't be blamed.
People saying that he should never play for England again need to give their head a wobble

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Pathetic to take the medals off.
If you are getting a second place medal then either the best team won or you were shit.
Better to admit the best team won in my opinion

These guys didn't become elite players by celebrating coming 2nd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here