Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Italy to win the euros

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
From all the teams I've seen, the team I've personally thought are the toughest and most resilient is Italy. I think England will do well (be wise) to follow their tactics - I suspect this is Roy's plan.

Anyway, Big Jim's prediction is Italy to win the Euros. :)

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I don't think Italy have good enough strikers. Great team without a doubt, but no great finishers.
Germany, Denmark and Ukraine have played the best football so far in my opinion. Remember we have barely started match 2 in the groups.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Germany's tough group will stand them in good stead; hopefully they can get at least a point against Holland tomorrow. The team I would want them to avoid in the quarters would be Russia but they'll fear no one if they top the group of death.

Got on Croatia each-way at 50/1 before the tournament started and there's no reason why they can't go a long way. They look capable of beating Italy next up to seal their place in the knockout stages.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Italy look a different kind of team than recent years, far more attacking minded. That said they are always resilient and well organised, but playing De Rossi at centre back does leave them vulnerable as he's not natural there and they miss him keeping things ticking over in midfield. Think Germany still look the most likely, even at this early stage.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
If they cant win them, it wont be long before they are borrowing a few billion.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Even thiough they were unfancied before the tournament Italy looked a decent team. Just shows they still have that winning mentality. Don't think they'll win it though - I reckon Germany will.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
From all the teams I've seen, the team I've personally thought are the toughest and most resilient is Italy. I think England will do well (be wise) to follow their tactics - I suspect this is Roy's plan.

Anyway, Big Jim's prediction is Italy to win the Euros. :)

Not if Ballotellis playing, they won't.

I'm begining to think it could be quite open and anyone from about 6 could win it. Beforehand I thought Germany or Holland but the Dutch could be going home very early.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Not if Ballotellis playing, they won't.

I'm begining to think it could be quite open and anyone from about 6 could win it. Beforehand I thought Germany or Holland but the Dutch could be going home very early.

Harry Redknapp seems to have called it right on the Dutch. He said a few weeks before the tournament that they were very weak defensively and that the smartest bet anyone could have in the tournament was on them not making it through the group stage.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Germany and Spain still the favourites for me. Beyond that, Russia and Italy look like contenders for the final four, with France and Holland also capable of getting there if they play to their best.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I thought Germany would, but have a feeling it will be a shock winner. So im going for Russia. Arse-shavin has been the player of the tournament so far, looks world class

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Portugal. Get on now. There about 28/1 i heard.

If/when they beat Denmark today the odds will tumble. Add to that Germany beating Holland, who will then have nothing to play for when playing Portugal and they could be a great shout at the current odds...

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I think I'm the only one on NSC with that tiny bit of hope! :lolol:

I have hope, but its not for this euros, that would be silly. But Roy does seem to be laying the groundwork for the future by working straight away on the organisation and defence, just like Gus did when he first arrived. I might put money on us winning Euro 2016 (Brazil WC is only being won by one team)

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I have hope, but its not for this euros, that would be silly. But Roy does seem to be laying the groundwork for the future by working straight away on the organisation and defence, just like Gus did when he first arrived. I might put money on us winning Euro 2016 (Brazil WC is only being won by one team)

And that's England?

I think the 2016 Euros we'll have a better chance in to be honest, you're right. A lot more England fans going over there and a bit more hope that we can do something. I'll be travelling over for that, if we qualify.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
And that's England?

I hope you didn't think I meant THAT :lolol: Brazil 2014 is being won by a team that plays in yellow, and it won't be Sweden

I think the 2016 Euros we'll have a better chance in to be honest, you're right. A lot more England fans going over there and a bit more hope that we can do something. I'll be travelling over for that, if we qualify.

Where is euro 2016 being held?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here