Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] It sucks getting raided by a bigger, wealthier team

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
He's set for life already. f*** that. Pretending to be pro liberal causes all this time.

Guess it's easy to have principles when there's no money involved? :shrug:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
There are a lot of people critical of players moving to the Saudi league. For you is there a difference between the Saudi human rights record and Qatar's?

Maybe we are just hearing from those that boycotted the World Cup? If not is there an accusation of double standards around this.

Is there a difference in looking away from poor human rights records for large sums of cash or to be entertained by football?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There are a lot of people critical of players moving to the Saudi league. For you is there a difference between the Saudi human rights record and Qatar's?

Maybe we are just hearing from those that boycotted the World Cup? If not is there an accusation of double standards around this.

Is there a difference in looking away from poor human rights records for large sums of cash or to be entertained by football?

None.

Someone here defended Qatar last autumn, then it was pointed out that they’re very much part of the crimes against humanity in Yemen.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
None.

Someone here defended Qatar last autumn, then it was pointed out that they’re very much part of the crimes against humanity in Yemen.
A former pro on talk shit today said that Saudi league is basically the same a when MLS was setting up. They are so clueless.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
A former pro on talk shit today said that Saudi league is basically the same a when MLS was setting up. They are so clueless.
I was thinking that Henderson should never play for England again after effectively taking semi-retirement in a Mickey Mouse league.

It then occurred to me that so many top players are moving there now, it’s actually going to be pretty competitive, especially with all that desert training that is bound to toughen you up.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Until they start buying ours, the fact that they are buying our competitor's players should play into our hands.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Wonder if this puts Caicedo as an option for Liverpool -link up again with MacAlister - not sure they’d pay the fee but, if he has to go, I’d rather he went to Liverpool than Chelsea.
My thought too. If they get 40m for Fabinho and even half that for Henderson that's 60m extra plus freed up wages. Add that to whatever money they still have available and they're probably in the ball park of what we want for Caicedo.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Strongly disagree, they will have paid millions to consultants who will have come up with a clear strategy on how to build their clubs and leagues. Starting with stars and household names in the twilight of their careers that will generate interest and bring legitimacy to the league. Their wealth will allow them to super charge this growth from aging stars to current stars over possibly two seasons.
European leagues should be very worried about the affect this drain of talent will have here on our leagues especially income. Their league will grow and with that will come power and influence over FIFA, I can foresee them even changing aspects of the beautiful game.

The benefits could be that it may level the playing field here, in terms of the top rich clubs are not so influential anymore.
Personally I see this as the start of more worrying times for this country, the economy is fecked, we fecked up Brexit, at least we had the best leagues in the world, we always had football.
Now we are going to be raided and our talent picked off for life generational changing money.

All so very sad considering this country’s human rights record.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here