Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It seems Network Rail are in a bit of a mess

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Had to visit Warsaw today. On way back i need to change at Birmingham New Street and waited 45 mins at the Warsaw station due to signal failure before i have up and got a taxi. Wouldnt happen in Germany

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
Had to visit Warsaw today. On way back i need to change at Birmingham New Street and waited 45 mins at the Warsaw station due to signal failure before i have up and got a taxi. Wouldnt happen in Germany

2 died - many injured - Germany 16 May

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Got the first train to EC and picked up a delayed train from Victoria. I reckon I was about 15 mins in front of you all the way down.

I wasn't on the the 18:12 sadly. I was only the 18:46 from Victoria :(

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Get these driverless cars sorted and going up and down the motorways at 300mph, and we won't need the bloody trains any more!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Best bit is the 'Revenge of the South'!

Labour said pre election that it would cancel desperately needed road improvements in the south (to target more spending in their northern heartlands). Now we have Tories cancelling investment in the rail improvements needed to create the 'northern powerhouse', but continuing to aim for a new A27 down here as demonstrated by the 'road census' thread. Marvellous scenes, remember what side your bread is buttered on folks!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Incredible! How the hell do they manage that when they knew FOUR HOURS earlier that they didn't have the staff?? What a complete an utter SHAMBLES. :laugh:

The train seemed quite quiet. With about 5 minutes to the scheduled departure, I was the only one sitting in the four seats at one table and the table opposite also only had one person seated there. By the time the train was due to leave, all seats were taken, but it still felt quieter than normal.

The driver then asked for the conductor over the tannoy on 2 or 3 occasions. I then noticed the electronic display on the platform had changed to 'cancelled' which was an ominous sign. The driver then confirmed this a minute or two later. The chap opposite me didn't take it well, absolutely clattering the table before dashing off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here