Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IT Joke (not everybody will get it)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm disappointed the mandatory swapping of letters for numbers hasn't happened. I'd suggest something more like; 5n0wWh1t3&t4e7Dw4rv35.

not everyone is a l33t uber geek, some recognise this sort of obfuscation is redundant if the passphrase is long enough.:p

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
What do you call a bird that sits on your shoulder saying "pieces of seven, pieces of seven"?

Answer: A parroty error.

and that is actually properly funny.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
'My password for the database isnt working, and I know its right, as the guy next to me uses the same password...7 stars'

One of my favourite real experiences was at American Express....recieved call from the Bahrain office...

'Hi, is that operations'

'Yes, How can I help you?'

'My printer isnt working!'

'ok, which printer is that?'

'The one by the window'

Last edited:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Ok, so no spaces. Should i use capitals?

well that depends on the rules your policy enforces, probably at least one.

i wouldnt recommend this exact password now either... :lolol: but a long string of words is good

I'm disappointed the mandatory swapping of letters for numbers hasn't happened. I'd suggest something more like; 5n0wWh1t3&t4e7Dw4rv35.

Far too long to remember this. Handy helpful hint, write it on a post-it note and stick it on the side of your monitor. To make doubly sure of remembering it, write "my password" on the post-it.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Made me laugh anyway.

Bloke phones up to have his password reset, 'What should I use for the new one ?' he asks.

'Eight characters' is the reply.

'Okay, Snow White and the Dwarfs be okay ?' he replies.

Okay I didn't get it the first time.

Uncle Spielberg beat you to this - and by two months.

Joke of the Week

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Didn't a variation of that win 'joke of the festival' at Edinburgh this year? Bloke said his dad was asked for an eight character password and then moaned that it wouldn't accept 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs'.

I think nowadays most people understand that the word 'character' has different meanings.

yes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here