Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] It Doesn't Really Matter - a favour part three

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I hate to come back on here again, especially as I haven't been around these parts much lately, but it's a been just over a year since I last asked a favour.

For those who aren't familiar with my backstory, you can read it here, if you wish...

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?376999-It-doesn%92t-really-matter-does-it&highlight=

My wife is coming towards the end of her 2 years maintenance chemotherapy, with just two more treatments to go, this Friday, then in 8 weeks time. At that point it will then be a case of "watch and wait" to see what happens in the future.

The last two years, have been really tough for us - and I know we aren't alone here, and some would have suffered more - a combination of cancer treatment and Covid has been a heady mixture for making every day a challenge. To add to our burdens I have just been told I have "sun damaged" skin at the local dermatology/cancer centre - oh! and I have gout (which makes the walking more of a challenge too).

We have found through this last two years that the thing that has kept us going has been getting out walking. We have always enjoyed walking, so this has been a great way of getting away from the every day challenges and good for our physical and mental health too.

As per last year we are doing the Blood Cancer UK Walk of Light - on March 26th and I have set up a Just Giving page if anyone would like to contribute. We also thought we would spice up things by doing the 1,000 Miles in a Year Challenge, which we started in May last year. If we keep up our current daily average, we should hit our 1,000 mile target on March 26th, which would be a fantastic achievement for us!

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ian-smith220

I appreciate times are really tough, financially, at the moment, so understand if you feel this isn't the time to be making a contribution. Equally I hope you are able to dip your hand in your pocket, if you can - any contribution, however small is gratefully received.

My wife was so touched last time I made this plea at the generosity of strangers, people she had never, and will never meet being so generous - from her to you all, thank you!

https://bloodcancer.org.uk/get-invo...bwey2hkDX0D7DyZMmUsFKqQ-w1bAPVkoaAnjaEALw_wcB

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Done.

Enjoy every day, young man. Fresh air, one foot in front of the other, all that stuff, onwards and upwards :thumbsup:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Sounds like you have been through an incredibly difficult time , yet you are still thinking of helping & raising money for others effected by this awful disease . Good on you . Wishing you all the very best .

Last edited:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Sounds like you have been through an incredibly difficult time , yet you are still thinking of helping & raising money for others effected by this awful disease . Good on you . Wishing you all the very best .

Thank you for your donation and kind words.

Blood Cancer UK have been really good for us, me in particular, as my wife isn't a great talker, over the last two years.

Cancer and Covid have really brought our lives into focus. It's been an incredibly difficult two years, but hope is on the horizon!

Again thanks to all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here