ISIS have apparently burned the Jordanian pilot alive

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Whilst I can understand and sympathise, and even support those British Muslims who went to fight against the brutality of Assad's régime, the irony now is that the popular uprising in Syria was in support of freedom and democracy, whereas the hundreds of British Muslims heading that way in the last couple of years are going to fight for a group that stands for zero freedom and zero democracy, alongside the rape and slaughter if those who don't adhere to their mediaeval interpretation of Islam. Are there any British Muslims who have gone out to genuinely fight for real Syrians, and joined the FSA or other non-extremist groups ? Or are our plucky exports just heading out for some gratuitous raping, killing and looting ?

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Wasn't these peace loving muslims before they joined Isis or am I missing something?
Don't think it would take much for normal peace loving muslims to turn into the devil...They still have the same beliefs full stop.

You have to be ignorant or naive to think otherwise???

Well said mate.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Before declaring we have nothing to fear from Islam, might I suggest those who claim it's only the radicals and not peace loving Muslims to be concerned about, understand this, wherever Islam holds court there are only radicals or 'silent ones.

Most importantly to those that really want insight into the issue, take a couple of minutes to read 'The River War'. In Wilkepedia it was written by Winston Churchill in [/B]1899.[/B] Those of you who support and are sympathetic of the Islamist faith might understand why governments around the world are frankly scared Sh**less.

View attachment 62720
Iran 1976
View attachment 62721
Iran 2005

View attachment 62722

Amsterdam 1998
View attachment 62723
View attachment 62724
Amsterdam 2011

Life under the Shah in Iran was tougher for the average family than it is now.

And I spend *cough cough* quite a bit of time each year in Amsertdam and I have no feeling the place contains a great Muslim presence. Maybe they don't frequent the same parts of the city as I do :)

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Maybe we have learned all we need to know from Islam, I am sure there are libraries full of information by now.
If they want a war so badly maybe they should get one, one to finish it all off, permanently.
After all it, looks like it will happen anyway, this will just cut out the pointless stages in between.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Maybe we have learned all we need to know from Islam, I am sure there are libraries full of information by now.
If they want a war so badly maybe they should get one, one to finish it all off, permanently.
After all it, looks like it will happen anyway, this will just cut out the pointless stages in between.

How are you going to 'finish off' an idea?

Dec 15, 2014
Here
They're terrorists - they go out of their way to shock and to terrorise.

Unless you're talking about Muslims in general. Note that Turkey abolished the death penalty decades ago, unlike the USA who still electrocute people to death. Also note that Turkey has more progressive animal rights than most of South America - and yes, they're Muslim.

Your confusion lies because you apparently struggle to differentiate between terrorist Muslims, and regular Muslims. In regards to "halal" - many countries have shameful relics of the past when it comes to animal abuse, from fox hunting to bull fighting - which is arguably worse than slitting an animals throat for food.

This is a geopolitical conflict led by the most despicable terrorist group in the modern era - it is ignorant (and quite disgusting) to suggest that it in any way represents the general Muslim population.

Texas, by far, executes more people by lethal injection than any of the other states.

Idaho banned execution by firing squad in a law which took effect on 1 July 2009.[58] This left Oklahoma as the only state left in the United States that utilizes this method of execution (and only as a secondary method). On 11 October 2011, Florida State Representative Brad Drake sponsored a bill to give Florida death row inmates the option of death by firing squad.[59]

Missouri is also considering the use of allowing death row inmates the option of death by firing squad.[60]

In January 2015, Wyoming passed legislation that would once again make death by firing squad a legal form of capital punishment in that state. Lawmakers noted the law as reasonable given the possibility that the drugs currently utilized in lethal injection have come under great scrutiny regarding their effectiveness and as such the availability of these medications has decreased.

In the U.S. military, firing squads have been replaced by lethal injection as the only approved method for the judicial execution of U.S. military personnel.[61]

As of 2014, the only places in the world which still reserve the electric chair as an option for execution are the U.S. states of Alabama, Florida, South Carolina, Kentucky, and Virginia. (Arkansas and Oklahoma laws provide for its use should lethal injection ever be held to be unconstitutional.)

I have found in my own experience that the possibility of execution actually has no deterrent to psychopaths proclivity for murder. The US use of execution as punishment is used for the victim's families as a way of conforming to the bible's "an eye for an eye" directives.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Jordan has now executed two terrorist prisoners held in its jails, just the rest of ISIS to go then.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If it was possible to eliminate ISIS without killing innocent people I would support extermination.

Either way some innocents will die, either because of inaction by the world community allowing ISIS to continue their subhuman cowardice, or as collateral damage in an extermination campaign by those tasked with ending this brainwashing cult (it can only be hoped that this action will not be limited to Syria/Iraq).

IMO it is just a matter of time before we tackle ISIS head on, perhaps sooner rather than later would save more innocent lives?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Amazes me shit like this is still going on. It's 2015. It's like we're back in the medieval times, drowning people in village ponds for witchcraft. Has humanity really made such little progress since then?

Shocking :nono:

If you stay strict to a religious text written 1500 years ago then no, you cannot progress. The indoctrination is scary, my Muslim students (we are studying religion at the moment) really believe that Mohammed split the moon in two and flew to heaven on a winged horse. It terrifies me what people can be lead to believe.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Before declaring we have nothing to fear from Islam, might I suggest those who claim it's only the radicals and not peace loving Muslims to be concerned about, understand this, wherever Islam holds court there are only radicals or 'silent ones.

Most importantly to those that really want insight into the issue, take a couple of minutes to read 'The River War'. In Wilkepedia it was written by Winston Churchill in [/B]1899.[/B] Those of you who support and are sympathetic of the Islamist faith might understand why governments around the world are frankly scared Sh**less.

View attachment 62720
Iran 1976
View attachment 62721
Iran 2005

View attachment 62722

Amsterdam 1998
View attachment 62723
View attachment 62724
Amsterdam 2011

Are you seriously suggesting that we read something Churchill wrote in 1899 in order to get a balanced view of Islam? We all know Churchill was a great leader who led us to victory over Nazi Germany however outside of 1940 - 1945 he was hardly known for his progressive thought....he was opposed to Women getting the vote and against self determination of any of the peoples of the empire, he also advocated the use of poisonous gas against "uncivilised tribes' in 1919.

As for the pictures of Burka wearing women, the use of the Burka is probably more cultural that it is religious, In the country that I am in now the UAE it seems to be worn more as a status symbol for the wealthy. Although you could quite easily post pictures of Burka wearing women from the UAE and give the impression that its a country of western hating Islamic fundamentalists this is most definitely not the case.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Are you seriously suggesting that we read something Churchill wrote in 1899 in order to get a balanced view of Islam? We all know Churchill was a great leader who led us to victory over Nazi Germany however outside of 1940 - 1945 he was hardly known for his progressive thought....he was opposed to Women getting the vote and against self determination of any of the peoples of the empire, he also advocated the use of poisonous gas against "uncivilised tribes' in 1919.

As for the pictures of Burka wearing women, the use of the Burka is probably more cultural that it is religious, In the country that I am in now the UAE it seems to be worn more as a status symbol for the wealthy. Although you could quite easily post pictures of Burka wearing women from the UAE and give the impression that its a country of western hating Islamic fundamentalists this is most definitely not the case.

Well clearly you haven't read it then. But as things get worse and Islams tentacles reach into every street perhaps one day you'll be naive enough to believe 'you never saw it coming'.
Incidently, WC's views on Islam and the religion being barbaric are being unfolded on an almost daily basis already. Believe me their views might be archaic but they have incredible guile and fortitude. They know we will wake up one day, but by then the battle ground will be on our own streets..... not an easy war.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well clearly you haven't read it then. But as things get worse and Islams tentacles reach into every street perhaps one day you'll be naive enough to believe 'you never saw it coming'.
Incidently, WC's views on Islam and the religion being barbaric are being unfolded on an almost daily basis already. Believe me their views might be archaic but they have incredible guile and fortitude. They know we will wake up one day, but by then the battle ground will be on our own streets..... not an easy war.

We should be thankful that no barbaric atrocities have ever unfolded in the name of Christianity.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
spot on mate.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
They're terrorists - they go out of their way to shock and to terrorise.

Unless you're talking about Muslims in general. Note that Turkey abolished the death penalty decades ago, unlike the USA who still electrocute people to death. Also note that Turkey has more progressive animal rights than most of South America - and yes, they're Muslim.

Your confusion lies because you apparently struggle to differentiate between terrorist Muslims, and regular Muslims. In regards to "halal" - many countries have shameful relics of the past when it comes to animal abuse, from fox hunting to bull fighting - which is arguably worse than slitting an animals throat for food.

This is a geopolitical conflict led by the most despicable terrorist group in the modern era - it is ignorant (and quite disgusting) to suggest that it in any way represents the general Muslim population.

This this this and this......its too easy, unlintelligent and ignorant to simply blame all muslims. These cretins have proved much of us right by their latest killing of a muslim.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
how people can blame Islam for this just shows ignorance of the highest order

You're going to have to help me out here then. ISIS was formed by a Muslim cleric, it's leaders are all fanatically Muslim, it's acolytes are all avowedly Muslim, the aims of ISIS are all based on their reading of the Koran and every act is done in the name of Mohammed. Oh, and ISIS stands for 'Islamic State of Iraq and Syria'.

No offence but I don't think it's ignorant to suggest that there might be a common factor here.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports