Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Zaha Fit To Play?

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Got a feeling he'll switch wings to give Calde hassle.

Think you will be right, he had more joy going at calde. Lets be honest, in the 2 games recently bridge has given him **** all.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A diving Zaha to be sent off in his last game for palace ???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Which would probably contravene the terms and conditions of his loan from Manchester United.
Not really, as fitness is not black and white. Players often have little knocks etc, it's up to their medical staff to simply say he's fit to play, and that'll do. They're hardly going to call up Utd and say he's not fit, could they play him anyway please.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Last time down our right, buckley tracked back a lot to help out and bridcutt/lopez took it in turns to be the spare third man for when he tried to burst past. Calde did ok against him at the amex, on friday it was only the fact he was on a yellow that gave zaha any joy.

I'd be amazed if he doesn't start, even if genuinely unfit - without murray AND zaha they suddenly look half a side.

Dec 29, 2011
Did Zaha play on the left when they came to the Amex? If so, who marked him?

Played on the left in the 3-1 last year, against Calderon, made him look silly all match and ran riot. He has fallen off a bit recently, but can't see Calderon looking forward to potentially marking him.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Played on the left in the 3-1 last year, against Calderon, made him look silly all match and ran riot.

This did not happen.

Our right back that night was actually Tarrico, who barely gave Zaha a kick, until he went off after about 65 minutes, with the score still 1-0 to us.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Zaha doesn't bother me, he'll lose some tackles and get upset like he started to do on Friday. It's Williams that will do anything for them.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
TBF Bridge did look decent, def prem league standard and didnt Wilf didnt get too much out of him. Although Calderon was a different matter and Holloway mentioned in his post match that Wilf was getting alot of Joy against him. Thought Bolasie was better against Bridge when he came on

Dec 29, 2011
This did not happen.

Our right back that night was actually Tarrico, who barely gave Zaha a kick, until he went off after about 65 minutes, with the score still 1-0 to us.

Apologies, I've just looked it up and you are in fact right about it being Tanno. I remembered it as Calderon but it was almost two years ago, your memory must be a lot better than mine.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It sounds like Palace will play Wilbraham as a loan striker. He hasn't scored a league goal this season by the way.

Will probably score tonight now then........

I think Calde or other should test Zaha's ankle very early on!

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Let's not worry about them and let's get them to worry about us. Tonight, I hope, is all about VICENTE

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Apologies, I've just looked it up and you are in fact right about it being Tanno. I remembered it as Calderon but it was almost two years ago, your memory must be a lot better than mine.
Nah, he just watched Gus's interview last week, when Gus was talking about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here