Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is tonight our biggest game of the season?

• Thread starter Eric Youngs Contact Lense
  • Start date

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

No , it's not.

Tuesday might be important, I suspect it won't be. People losing the plot at the moment are monumentally missing the point. Hughton was brought here to keep us up - job pretty much done. The real test is the summer business and how we start next year.

Frustrating as it is, what is going on at the moment is almost irrelavent. Pressure's off tonight - have fun.

I guess initially I was thinking more about the Fans' performance tonight, and I get that others believe that Tuesday's game will be more important possibly because it is a game that looks more winnable, but so was Rotherham, so was Millwall (home and away) so was Blackpool. I don't want us to settle for staying up because others will do equally as bad.. Our (Fans)performance tonight might just help the players get something from tonight, against the odds, that may mean other games, eg Watford can be a pressure-off scenario? My worry for our players is a tonking tonight, a poor atmosphere to boot, makes Tuesday seem far more foreboding than it might otherwise be? I am a believer that the crowd can make a difference in the ways that i described at the beginning.. a backs against the wall, us against the Rest of the World scenario is what I am looking for tonight in the stands...

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I guess initially I was thinking more about the Fans' performance tonight, and I get that others believe that Tuesday's game will be more important possibly because it is a game that looks more winnable, but so was Rotherham, so was Millwall (home and away) so was Blackpool. I don't want us to settle for staying up because others will do equally as bad.. Our (Fans)performance tonight might just help the players get something from tonight, against the odds, that may mean other games, eg Watford can be a pressure-off scenario? My worry for our players is a tonking tonight, a poor atmosphere to boot, makes Tuesday seem far more foreboding than it might otherwise be? I am a believer that the crowd can make a difference in the ways that i described at the beginning.. a backs against the wall, us against the Rest of the World scenario is what I am looking for tonight in the stands...

Fair point. Though I am up for staying up in any way.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'll go tonight, but I won't enjoy it [Praying this attitude brings the same result as Derby]

That's the thing with football. You can never take anything for granted. We did give Bournemouth a good game under Hyypia scoring 2 goals, only losing on a penalty near the end.
Nobody expected us to beat Ipswich or Derby. It's a funny old game.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not for us but for Bournemouth it is their cup final.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
Without quibble Muff have been good this year. In spells, against some decent teams, so have we. If we set up right tonight i fancy us to topple them on live TV, hopefully leading to an almighty wobble, making Howe miss automatic playoffs, and at the same time effectively make ourselves safe. Bring it on....

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Without quibble Muff have been good this year. In spells, against some decent teams, so have we. If we set up right tonight i fancy us to topple them on live TV, hopefully leading to an almighty wobble, making Howe miss automatic playoffs, and at the same time effectively make ourselves safe. Bring it on....

Love the thought of this happening

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
This; plus I hope we can keep the goal difference down to 1 or 2.

Our goal difference is not too bad because, even though we have not been good this year, nearly all of our games have been close. Here is a list of teams that have beaten us by more than one goal this season:

Ipswich, Derby, Tottenham.

Here is a list of teams who have done it at the Amex:

-

Here is a list of teams who have done it anywhere since Hughton has been in charge:

-

Here is a list of teams who have failed to do it:

Everyone else we have played, including Arsenal (and Bournemouth at their place).

The pressure tonight is on Bourenmouth and if they are able to live with that and hammer us at home* when no-one else could then, from my point of view, they will deserve to win the league.

* - Without the usual help they get from the ref.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Can't believe we're on Sky again against Bournemouth again, they are on the south coast but so what? Wigan away is far more important, just hope we stop the Cherries getting 3 pts. Norwich and Boro up, B'uff crash in the playoffs

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Can't believe we're on Sky again against Bournemouth again, they are on the south coast but so what? Wigan away is far more important, just hope we stop the Cherries getting 3 pts. Norwich and Boro up, B'uff crash in the playoffs

Somehow I don't think Sky took the decision to show the game based on it being Brighton.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Huddersfield and Wigan are bigger for us than tonight, we MUST win at least one of those.
I know its a cliché, but if we can stop Bournemouth from scoring in the way that we did against Derby, then we might nick this. Bournemouth are on a roll and putting 3's and 4's away with regularity, hopefully we can stop that tonight

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Am expecting a very open game tonight.
I don`t think there defence is all that so maybe we can get behind them maybe CMS to start ala Leeds game.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I'm looking forward to watching the game as a outsider . I really like the look of bournmouth and fancy them to go up automatically ( great weekend away ) so it will be good to see how you match up to them . I feel you will run them close but miss out 3-2 .

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I'm looking forward to watching the game as a outsider . I really like the look of bournmouth and fancy them to go up automatically ( great weekend away ) so it will be good to see how you match up to them . I feel you will run them close but miss out 3-2 .

There may well be five goals...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Its not even the biggest game of our week.

I'd have taken a win at Rovrum over a win tonight.

Plus, as we're likely to lose tonight anyways Id say Millwalls game tomo could be bigger :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here