Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is 'Time Commanders' with Greg Wallace the worst thing on TV?

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Only one decent programme featuring Gregg...

IMG_2418.JPG

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
I happened upon an episode of Naked Attraction the other week. Hardly family viewing, but I was left dumbfounded that someone could come up with a format like this for a show. It's like blind date, but the 'choosees' are completely naked and revealed bit by dangling bit. Once the chooser makes their choice, they go off on a fully clothed date. Bonkers.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Surely anything with Michael McIntyre in it is by definition the worst thing on TV?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Current betting (bet365) on Top Christmas Day TV Programme 2016:

Strictly Come Dancing 2/1
The Great Christmas Bake Off 5/2
Mrs Browns Boys 11/4
Call The Midwife 8/1
Eastenders 12/1
Queen's Speech 16/1
Doctor Who 28/1

Nation's gone wrong :facepalm:

That's the first time I've seen any details of XMAS day TV.

Strictly Come Dancing 2/1 - SHITE
The Great Christmas Bake Off 5/2 - SHITE
Mrs Browns Boys 11/4 - SHITE
Call The Midwife 8/1 - SHITE
Eastenders 12/1 - SHITE
Queen's Speech 16/1 - SHITE
Doctor Who 28/1 - SHITE

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Actually I quite like it, notwithstanding his "Awwww maaaate" . The graphics are better than they used to be and the German (?) female(?) expert can be a little frightening.
Worst has to be the man dressed up as an Irish matriarch who swears a lot, whatever that's called.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010

Eastenders 12/1 - SHITE
Doctor Who 28/1 - SHITE

Spot on, except Doctor Who. Sometimes it can be brilliant, the rest are shite all the time.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Eastenders 12/1 - SHITE
Doctor Who 28/1 - SHITE

Right on all counts. Even worse will be the post-Christmas conversations along the lines of 'Ooooh, did you see Mrs Brown's Boys on Christmas day ? Wasn't it BRILLIANT', followed by a series of quotes from the programme amid much laughter. Just **** off.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
What a great excuse to have a snooze.

Mrs Browns Boys 11/4
Call The Midwife 8/1
Eastenders 12/1
Queen's Speech 16/1
Doctor Who 28/1

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Winner. Wallace can be a bit annoying, but Mrs Brown's Boys is just unwatchable. Imagine they use episodes of it in Guantanamo Bay to torture prisoners. Imagine, endless loops of it...........

Mrs Browns Boys 11/4
Call The Midwife 8/1
Eastenders 12/1
Queen's Speech 16/1
Doctor Who 28/1

So, the BBC have decided to cater for the female half of the population thus Christmas day? There really isn't anything on there that I would want to watch, Bake off, very female orientated, and its two presenters really annoy me, Strictly, no thanks, Call the Midwife, it's about women having babies, no thanks. Eastenders, an hour of unremitting misery, with a cockerney accent, no thanks.Mrs Brown's boy, an hour of unremitting misery for the viewer, no thanks.
My problem is, with the exception of Mrs Brown, my wife and Daughter love all these shows, so, I hope I get some good books from Father Christmas, or I may have to drink to an unhealthy level

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Playing with Soldiers

.......If not, what is worse?

I expect watching the English play cricket might be worse.

Programme is hard to follow and the game players who not seem like commanders at all. a bit like Southern Rail?

Hard to follow: At Waterloo I could not work out where the British artillery or cavalry were at the start of the battle, let alone when the action started. Like Southern Railway waiting at Brighton station before the Fulham match last season.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
The Zama episode contained a couple of errors and a bizarre overview of the gladius which wasn't the version used at that time.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Grand Tour

Thats not on TV.

Worst thing currently on TV is, without a shadow of a doubt, Citizen Khan. EPICALLY unfunny, appalling written drek, but its all Pakistani and ethnic so it ticks a lot of the BBC's boxes. Therefore, it is assured series after series.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Thats not on TV.

Worst thing currently on TV is, without a shadow of a doubt, Citizen Khan. EPICALLY unfunny, appalling written drek, but its all Pakistani and ethnic so it ticks a lot of the BBC's boxes. Therefore, it is assured series after series.

Please tell me that there is a Citizen Khan/ Mrs Brown's Boys fusion Christmas Special with a Gregg Wallace cameo appearance ..... I demand weapons grade

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Been down the pub. A serial killer has hidden my glasses. Emergency. Calm in CSI,.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Is Mrs. Browns Boys still on the air? Because that shit is the Top Trumps of TV. It makes me want to throw myself out of a window.

EDIT: Damn! Beaten by [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

Never watched it.......................................

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
What was more shicking is that one of the original military experts, Ayreh Nusbacher, has returned to the show as Lynette.

I kept thinking I know her. Thank you for enlightening me!

The series was good before Rome Total War was popular and Game Master was ruling the TV.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Actually I quite like it, notwithstanding his "Awwww maaaate" . The graphics are better than they used to be and the German (?) female(?) expert can be a little frightening.
Worst has to be the man dressed up as an Irish matriarch who swears a lot, whatever that's called.
I like it as well , I think Greg Wallace is guilty of being a working class londoner to some on here.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Remember the original series from 2003 (all ancient Greek & Roman battles) which was very enjoyable except I thought Eddie Mair was a prick so the tradition of having a cockwomble presenter has obviously continued to the present day...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here