Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this website going downhill fast or is it me?

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I just can't bear to come on this site so much anymore with all the negativity and moaning. Seems much less 'fun' chat and lots more misery, don't like it.

Is this right? It's possible that heightened expectations means I'm taking the defeats and poor displays harder, dunno...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The certainly seems to be a new breed of nscer.

Interesting that we are seeing more opposition twats on here...do I take it rivals.com has closed down.

To be fair last year we were pissing over most teams so opposition fans stayed well clear.

nutter

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
I agree. Coming on here is loosing its appeal in many ways. Maybe it's that the focus has shifted from a smaller group of fans fighting for a stadium and enjoying looking towards a brighter future. I love it at the AMEX but football is now a different experience for me now we are there. For me I embrace it but reality is that football is becoming like going to the theatre. Expectations are far too high in my opinion. We are building a team and need to back the manager (even after his wayward comments this week). If we sneak a play off spot I will be very happy. But also if we stay up I will be happy too. We have just been promoted and are a club finding our feet again after 20 odd years. Give it time.

Agree.

Tonights posting has been poor. Losing 3-0 away at Soton and suddenly some people have us down for relegation and questioning the team & Gus - I would suggest that they are not long term supporters but younger followers who haven't suffered much "downtime" watching the Albion.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Combination of us not being the top dogs any more and our results no longer scaring away opposition, being in a league with higher attendances all round (thus more people taking an interest) and being on a run of one win in 12 running leading to our more positive fans not appearing, and our more negative fans returning.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Another negative thread :lolol:

Embrace change-NSC will have 2000 daily users 2 seasons from now imo & the good old days will be lost to those who do not.

Not all new posters are bad you know-mind you i have been reading NSC on and off since 2005 so i could call myself an older/frequenter of the boards-in fact if i search my ROM (read only memory) i can recall the old NSC format,what upgraded 2 or 3 years ago? ?

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
I think it's a touch of the 'after the lord mayors show' at the moment.We have been on a massive high for the last 12-18 months,with winning League 1 and the new ground,the Gus bus and all that.We have come back down to Earth now and it is time for a reality check.

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
Every forum of every team gets sh*t when the team is playing sh*t. People argue more, you get more immature opposition tw*ts coming on saying "ur nt vry gd llz", people don't really want to have an extended discussion on a game where (for example) you had one shot on target.
Grin and bear it. It gets better.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
This will help

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
anyone would think this is the worst team we have had for many years..... I find it bizarre to see so many complain. Ok we have problems but these cannot be resolved overnight. Have a bit of patience please.... I can only assume that the new supporters thought we would be Barcelona by now... but even seasoned NSCs are now acting like twats.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
anyone would think this is the worst team we have had for many years..... I find it bizarre to see so many complain. Ok we have problems but these cannot be resolved overnight. Have a bit of patience please.... I can only assume that the new supporters thought we would be Barcelona by now... but even seasoned NSCs are now acting like twats.

Quite. It's probably the best Albion side I've ever seen.

A lot of pathetic embarassing posts on here but have come to expect it these days.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Quite. It's probably the best Albion side I've ever seen.

A lot of pathetic embarassing posts on here but have come to expect it these days.

I love every minute and i fully expect a mid season recovery,what a good time to have a slump,it could be far worse,and always remember we are home-

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I don't expect bozza to post on this topic, but I can't imagine myself coping in his position for next to no benefit or recognition. God, coming home to see some of the stuff on here, I'd jack it all in in a flash. Much respect.

for me, this site currently taints what should be a dream land. I'm pretty sure the club themselves don't appreciate this site that much, although not discounting the relationship benefits and all the good things nsc has done.

I'd like to think players could be banned from coming here as I don't see how it could be helpful, and that in itself is shite considering the position we're in.

I'm drunk though, and the point about this being a negative post stand, so.. Whatevs.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Its got so bad I now miss the moaning of TCB and WW....... can we bring them back and get rid of all these new ones?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
It isn't great I agree - but you can't ban people for having a negative attitude, just correct their faulty thinking or put them on ignore. NSC has rolled with the punches for some time now, and it will continue to do so Bozza willing. What I would say though is the threads moaning about the moaners are just as annoying as the moaning ones. Can't people see its one and the same?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Not sure about this forum going downhill, but it has certainly changed.....IMHO, for the worse.

We are in the Championship League now....many more home supporters postng and with that, comes many more away supporters, who over-whelmingly post drivel and provocative posts that just degenerate into nonsense.

IMHO, the Moderators made a huge error in not listening to the opinions of many posters on here who advocated an 'Away Section'.

We seem to have a number of Moderators, but the only two who are prominent in dealing with errant posters are Titanic and Hitony. I don't always agree with those two moderators decisions, but at least they are putting a lot of time, effort and thought into this Forum. I don't think it helps that El Presidente spends some of his time on here fanning the flames of discontent and making it more than obvious that he views so many Brighton supporters with contempt.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I agree. Coming on here is loosing its appeal in many ways. Maybe it's that the focus has shifted from a smaller group of fans fighting for a stadium and enjoying looking towards a brighter future. I love it at the AMEX but football is now a different experience for me now we are there. For me I embrace it but reality is that football is becoming like going to the theatre. Expectations are far too high in my opinion. We are building a team and need to back the manager (even after his wayward comments this week). If we sneak a play off spot I will be very happy. But also if we stay up I will be happy too. We have just been promoted and are a club finding our feet again after 20 odd years. Give it time.

Like going to the theatre and sneaking a play off spot? And you guys are on about a new breed of fan!! I'm 30 years behind the Albion and I'm having a moan because the team is playing woeful football, teams in this league have sussed our style and can deal with it with ease, we've no plan B, and we're playing 4/5 in the team that are not up to it. So I'm an agent for change and reckon if we just sit and hope it all gets better next thing we'll be staring relegation in the face.

This is a competitive league not a training ground. Sooner we get to 50 points the better but having got 7 from the last 11 games if that continues we won't make it so something has to change. It needs more than just Vicente and Buckley too

Or maybe we all sit and hope ... I know, Coventry are crap let's do the same against them and we'll win and then it'll all be OK.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

So, because it's not the worst team ever we can't express disappointment in performances and results? If we're unhappy with our current run we must have expected us to become barcelona? Give over.

What I would say though is the threads moaning about the moaners are just as annoying as the moaning ones. Can't people see its one and the same?

I'd say they are more annoying. I don't know if it's because they come across to me as a combination of "I'm a better fan than you because I don't moan when we've only won one game in 12" and "moan moan moan", because it seems a lot of the people moaning about the moaning weren't around when there was no moaning, almost as if they came here specifically to tell fans to stop moaning and not contribute anything else; or if it's because I've developed a tolerance to the moans/an ability to ignore the moans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here