Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Is this the start of a UK 'Stop the kindermoord' movement?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Stop the Kindermoord Movement, along with the fuel crisis, is what transformed The Netherlands away from car culture, in the early '70's.

Stop the kindermoord was a groundswell movement of parents (mother's) who'd had enough of cars ploughing into children.
They demonstrated, blocked roads, lobbied and protested and won.

Unlike the anti LTN protests, this first protest appears to have cross section support of the local community.

Driving illegally towards a 'stop driving illegally' protest probably isn't going to end well...

... For the driver.

Last edited:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
According to stats, which I've just checked, there were 17 pedestrians aged under-16 killed in 2021, and an average of about 25-30 per year in the 10 years prior.

Whilst each one of them is a sad loss, it's not really very many.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
According to stats, which I've just checked, there were 17 pedestrians aged under-16 killed in 2021, and an average of about 25-30 per year in the 10 years prior.

Oh, that's alright then. As we were.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Can't we just clone Dom instead? Almost single handed, he seems to be building a real Critical Mass vibe here :rave:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

what number would be unacceptable?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

That's odd - this is what the DoT say here

Screenshot_20230619-041339.png

Bearing in mind 5 people are killed daily, I'd like to see how drivers are only targeting adults.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wonder how many of them drive their kids to school?
An odd statement to make, and have championed, about the protesters.

Surely you should have written:-

'i wonder how many of them drive through a pedestrian crossing hitting a women and child, then sped off, while driving their kids to school?'

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Schools were also closed for the first few months of 2021

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Also the problem with the current system is that the rules are complicated and change - the only a way to make sure people understand the current rules is regular retesting like every 10 years.

I live in a village with a bus that comes every two hours and stops at 7 so living here is hard without a car but I’d be happy to retest regularly if it made the roads safer.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Having driven through King's Heath relatively recently, I'd observe that the area seemed to consist largely of wide, residential streets that are very easy to drive too fast down, and there seemed to be a disproportionate number of people willing to do exactly that.

Jul 7, 2003
That's odd - this is what the DoT say here

View attachment 162452

Bearing in mind 5 people are killed daily, I'd like to see how drivers are only targeting adults.
For clarity in this discussion, those KSI figures are not just those hit by vehicles but all road related casualties.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here