Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this the most eagerly anticipated Palace fixture ever?....

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
northstandsteve said:
No Boxing Day 1979 enough said.
I wasn't around then but it's got to be this.

I was, and this was the biggest Palace Brighton clash of all time. Lucky for you lot Liverpool had derailed our championship challenge bigtime and we never recovered. Awesome encounter at the Goldstone. Kids today have no idea. :rolleyes:

For this one coming up you can throw the form book out of the window. Anything can happen.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Cant remember the year, but 1979 is a possiblity.. but the most eagerly awaited in my opinion...was when for about two months before hand, it went round that everybody was to go into the Palace end with no scarves. Palace fans shat themselves when the teams came out and it became clear just how many Brighton supporters were in their end....now, older and wiser, im hoping there is no trouble at this one...

Last edited:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
The Bollox crew is embarrassing.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
In the 70's you could feel the hatred in the air , the adrenalin was pumping , the games against the SCUM were the "biggies" of the season. The reason why this is an eagerly anticipated fixture is because we can wipe the smug smile off the Nigels faces. The muppets posting on the Palace boards are seriously bi-polar , 3 months ago they were in the depths of despair and are now dreaming of life in the Premier League with Wurzel Gummidge. Let us put them back in their proper place.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
In the 70's you could feel the hatred in the air , the adrenalin was pumping , the games against the SCUM were the "biggies" of the season. The reason why this is an eagerly anticipated fixture is because we can wipe the smug smile off the Nigels faces. The muppets posting on the Palace boards are seriously bi-polar , 3 months ago they were in the depths of despair and are now dreaming of life in the Premier League with Wurzel Gummidge. Let us put them back in their proper place.

Are you travelling on the Bollox Bus ?
And you've got the front to call us Nigel's !!!:lolol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Scum, Pikies,Wurzel Gummidge ? You're hilarious !
You could be a script writer for Simon Fanshawe !! :facepalm:

I'm quite liking the latest term of endearment - Jeremys because Palace fans are all Jeremy Hunts :lol:

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Quality post. Right back at ya!

Littlehampton Palace

Littlehampton Based Palac
Nov 5, 2007
LITTLEHAMPTON
I cannot wait, its going to be a tough tie. But to say Palace will gain promotion if they win their next two away ties is jumping the gun a little i feel.

Hopefully we will have everyone fit and give them a good doing over.

Anyone who's supported either Palace or Brighton for many years will tell you there's no certainties, Last season you were on a great run of form at the Amex and at Ht I thought we were in for a tonking the rest is glorious Palace history.
I have a bad feeling about the 1st! We're there to be shot down but at hopefully you wont be able to go above us if you win the game!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone who's supported either Palace or Brighton for many years will tell you there's no certainties, Last season you were on a great run of form at the Amex and at Ht I thought we were in for a tonking the rest is glorious Palace history.
I have a bad feeling about the 1st! We're there to be shot down but at hopefully you wont be able to go above us if you win the game!!

A sensible post in amongst the dross. You may well hope to tonk us but at least you are realistic enough to know it's not the done deal some of your fellow fans seems to think.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Your right, form goes out of the window for derby matches. Could go either way although I suspect it will be a tight game and one goal either way will decide it.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

* duplicate post *

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Is the hype building up??

Zaha v Bridge
Bridcutt v Jedinak
Buckley v Clyne
Murray v Greer

Its Massive!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports