Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Is this joke offensive?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I asked my Doctor for something for my liver, he gave me a pound of onions.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
See, it’s possible to be funny and inoffensive. I’m here all week. I wonder how much these London dinners pay?

If you do a turn at any of them, may I suggest that you add 'The Irishmen' to the start of the joke, being as they are the most successful Irish act ever and among the biggest in the world of all time? I'm sure it'll make the joke less dull/bland and the listeners will have learned something that they may not have been aware of.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
If you do a turn at any of them, may I suggest that you add 'The Irishmen' to the start of the joke, being as they are the most successful Irish act ever and among the biggest in the world of all time? I'm sure it'll make the joke less dull/bland and the listeners will have learned something that they may not have been aware of.

Did you hear about the Irish newlyweds who sat up all night on their honeymoon waiting for their sexual relations to arrive?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

It wouldn’t make me change my mind that Bono and Sting are a pair of up their own arse twonks though :smile:

I threw in Sting because he’s white and English

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Well you can add American or Australian to the joke to give it some less bland language if you want.

What if you made a joke about cricket cheating and added Australia to it, is that racist or does it in fact make the joke work better?

I think the joke would work far better mentioning Australia in it than mentioning nobody at all and making it a boring generic reference.

No. It would not be a joke because Australians have recently cheated in Test cricket. Three of them.

Linking: cricket - Australian - cheating would not be racist. It would merely be a statement of fact.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
No. It would not be a joke because Australians have recently cheated in Test cricket. Three of them.

Linking: cricket - Australian - cheating would not be racist. It would merely be a statement of fact.

And Kenyans have ran as pace makers recently. Thus a statement of fact.

How about this cheeky chap! Rather funny what he did.

The world’s elite athletes may think twice before employing Reuben Kipyego as a marathon pacemaker again, after the Kenyan had a late change of heart in a recent race and kicked on for a bizarre victory.

The 23-year-old had been due to drop out of last Friday’s Abu Dhabi Marathon after 30km, but clearly his competitive spirit—and the lure of a $100,000 prize— got the better of him.

https://www.the-star.co.ke/sports/2...e-pacemakers-code-to-run-away-with-top-prize/

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Yes you can.

Mythbusters proved it.

So "they" don't know shit. (pun intended)

You still here desperately trying to prove a point?

You've engineered yourself into a corner and can't find a way out without losing face.

The joke isn't that offensive but does draw on a stereotype in order to operate when it doesn't need to. It's that simple.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You still here desperately trying to prove a point?

You've engineered yourself into a corner and can't find a way out without losing face.

The joke isn't that offensive but does draw on a stereotype in order to operate when it doesn't need to. It's that simple.

No I'm just having a bit of fun you silly sausage.

You're in the minority here fella. Your echo chamber is rather small.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here