Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Is this joke offensive?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
This thread will serve as a perfect illustration of where we are right now.
In years to come, society analysts will fill their boots long after we've all gone.

A lot of head scratching and a few giggles I'll wager.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
All of them?

Potentially yes I guess. I read an interesting study on this subject, it seems genetics and culture play a huge part in it.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
As Ricky Gervais would say, the joke itself is not offensive the person in question found it offensive. Its a subtle but very important distinction. All those celebrating when something THEY find offensive gets removed/banned/cancelled should think about the consequences of building a society that arbitrarily bans comments and holds people to account for things they said decades ago.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I'm offended at the assumption that the Doctor was a man.

My last GP was a woman (oops sorry - a person who menstruates) and was bloody good at it (no pun intended).

I've no idea who it is now, I appear to be under the care of a pharmacist and nurse by text. But that's another joke....

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I’ve just watched the On The Buses movie (1971)

“When the bus company is short staffed, inspector Blake suggests hiring woman drivers”

Now back in the day I was a bit of a Jack The Lad, but I don’t mind admitting that although this is deemed a “Classic” some of the comments did make me act out a facepalm in my mind

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Who's ignoring it? Can't see anyone on this thread ignoring nor disputing it. Why are you fixated on keep mentioning how good they are at running, yet failing to say why you think it's important to the joke?
I’ve already explained, but moving on……something I think we might all agree on is that at least we no longer have the Bernard Manning “jokes” to contend with!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
As Ricky Gervais would say, the joke itself is not offensive the person in question found it offensive. Its a subtle but very important distinction. All those celebrating when something THEY find offensive gets removed/banned/cancelled should think about the consequences of building a society that arbitrarily bans comments and holds people to account for things they said decades ago.
I have thought Ricky Gervais is more worried about the fact that Jim Davidson is singing his praises online, just as he did for Jimmy Carr.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here