Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Is this Groundhog Day?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
It is a shame that this debate often ends up in a simplistic "vegan vs badly produced meat" argument. This is often put out there to back up the vegan cause, as there is only one logical winner in that game, but it is not a correct analysis.

There are some good, insightful comments on this thread. Commercial meat production, with grain-feeding, antibiotics and hormones is unhealthy for the environment and for us. It is driven by population growth, demand for cheap food and profit. We are lucky that we can get our meat (and vegetables) from Tablehurst Farm at Forest Row. This is healthy for us, the land and the environment. Yes, this is more expensive but what is the realistic alternative? The whole biodynamic farming ethos is to live in harmony with the soil and planet.

Stopping eating meat altogether, while at the same time continuing deforestation in order to create more arable land, will undoubtedly continue the destruction of our climate and ecology.

Robert Peston did a documentary on the impact of population growth some while ago, and it was mind-blowing. There was a forecast that between now and 2050 the demand for basic commodities will become so high that they will become luxury items. Scary stuff.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Thanks for that Crodo but you've not highlighted the undoubted pick of the draw - Van Gerwen vs Jelle Klaasen, an all-Dutch machine gun affair between two World Champions.

I'd also argue Gary Anderson v Brendan Dolan and Gurney vs Justin Pipe are also two more attractive ties than some of those highlit.
"Unlawful, void and of no effect"

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
It will be genuinely upsetting to see them go. I want the UK to stay together. But if we leave the EU then I do not blame them one bit for wanting to sever ties with England and retain their valuable place in the EU. They would, I think, flourish.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Is the Redz Bar open for Brighton ladies games?

Living in Crawley, I might get along, then get home for an early night before the Liverpool game.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Thanks, that makes sense as I don't like not having an isolator valve because if anything did go wrong turning the mains back on would be a bit of a problem. This is why I wanted to make sure and cover all bases before I commited to doing anything.

I was planning on replacing the bottom entry ball valve anyway as that is where the leak is coming from. That joint doesn't actually leak at the moment.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I was so excited by what I’ve seen from Trossard, until the United and Leicester games where he did not look an improvement on AK to me

Is he better suited as a super sub against good teams?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Yes, he's a great player and he's won one more Premier League title than Maro, but I'd argue Maro would get into any side in the world, whereas I fancy Ireland would keep Jonny Sexton.

It's a matter of opinion of course, and both players are not just great sportsmen but they also have the 'personality' mentioned in the SPOTY title.

Despite this, Maro and Owen have yet to receive a single nomination between them EVER and yet Lucy Bronze got nominated on the back of a decent World Cup tournament in 2015 in which England didn't even make the final.

I'm all for sexual equality and both Dina Asher-Smith and Katarina Johnson-Thompson deserve their nominations but excluding two of England's rugby greats is a joke.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Last season he played 3,769 minutes for Genk across 47 matches - equivalent to 42x 90 minutes. The previous season he was out for 4 months with a torn muscle.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Basically 'no'.

The money side was not one of being able to go to Uni due to the cost, more money needed at home. I don't think even Jezza's magic money forest would supply that, although all of the other freebies he will give out in grants and free study would have been nice.

Uni now has become, in some cases, an excuse to delay going into the big wide world. Lovely as it is to get a Geoff Hurst in 'David Beckham' or 'X Factor', not going to help with a career as a brain surgeon is it?

I do hope this helps.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Liverpool 1/4 with the bookies, so anyone who predicts a Liverpool win is on moderately safe ground...

Goes against everything Potter stands for, but a Hughton 'bus-park' would be the ugly way to get a point. I think if we start flowing forward we'll get caught with our trousers down and our willies out.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Actually the complete opposite is happening. From a PR perspective, the yesterday and this morning are a complete shit show. You've now had the father on national television telling the nation that are illiterate.

Cummings was actually supposed to leave a while ago, long before the election was called. There are rumours he's actually not working for the Tories any more.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Cheers people. Don't feel too bad at all this morning, probably something to do with it happening last night etc, haven't really thought about it a great deal. I think its a night thing, tend to get more worried about things before going to bed an' all that.

He's only done Northern Ireland in the past, and that was 1972 and I wasn't even born, so this is the first time its really happened in my lifetime. **** it, its not all bad...I'm now hoping for a $25,000,000 reward. That'd clear out my debts a right treat.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Great, stubbed my big toe list night and now it is purple and part of the nails fallen off.

I cant walk on it and i cant even wear shoes - how the **** am i gonna get around swindon (assuming i get a ticket)

I'm on the last train to Swindon and I'm not sure if I'll get a ticket

and my big toe is purple and the nails partly fallen off. (is it a song lyric from the Monkees or a universal conundrum?)

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Its a bit contrived.

Denzil just happened to be passing, references to Delboy even though he's not in it. No doubt Trigger will pop in soon.

and it's not funny

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here