Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this going to improve the game

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Other than referees actually applying the existing rules properly, what other advancements do you think would improve the game.

As for the idea of sin bins, it is not a panacea for all of footballs ills but it might be step in the right direction.

I think the biggest chance would be to have a stopping clock. This would immediately stop any advantage gained from time wasting.

There would however maybe a need to look at 90 minutes game time as with all time afded on when the ball is not in play would extent games to over 2 hours.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think the biggest chance would be to have a stopping clock. This would immediately stop any advantage gained from time wasting.

There would however maybe a need to look at 90 minutes game time as with all time afded on when the ball is not in play would extent games to over 2 hours.

Wouldn't disagree with that but that would only address the issue of time wasting where as the sin bin can cover a number of transgressions.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)

With the proviso that a team that timewastes early in the game but then falls behind / concedes an equaliser does not get the benefit of having the time they wasted added back on when they are chasing a goal.
Or more specifically no added on time at all when a Warnock team is chasing a goal to win or draw (except against Dirty, Hudds or Toon of course).

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford

I really like the idea of a stopping clock - a big digital sign for all to see [players and supporters] - the ref has a simple stop / start presser in his hand so can stop and restart at his command.

Everyone can see how long left, no more 4th official putting up a board and the usual shouts of its either too much or not enough.
No more silly cards for time wasting, they'll be no advantage as the clock has stopped anyway - one thing less for the Amex faithful to get agitated about.

Like rugby league, soon as the clock strikes 45 mins a hooter goes and its all over ....

Very simple and clear for all - yes games might take 2 hours, but at least the paying public get their value for money and the players have fewer opportunities to waste time.

Big LIKE from me ....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here