Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there anyone left..

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I think they should keep him for a month and then review.

1. it will be costly to pay him off.
2. Whoever comes in will smell blood and won't do it cheap if he's any good.
3. He is not solely responsible for the problems judging by posts.
4. They have only lost one game by more than one goal.
5. They are a relatively new team.
6. A lot of posters seem to be very naive about the quality of the Championship.
7. If the club DO end up going down, why are so many people assuming they'll do a Portsmouth. Why not a Wolves? or Bristol City even.
8. When you quote the mantra 'keep the faith' you might actually consider what that means.
9. Take Buckley, Upson, Bridge, Bridcott, Ulloa etc away from most Championship squads and try to replace them with finite recourses given who's available and you will see a struggling team.
10. How unlucky can a manager be for ALL strikers to be so ineffective over such a long period. If that's down to tactics, it must take some doing!
11. Brighton actually struggled with their scoring LAST season if you look at the stats.
12. At the very least you might as well leave him in charge for the Bournemouth game which they'll probably lose whoever is in charge etc etc etc

Good post, I agree with most of your points apart from:-

3. Don't judge the cause of our problems from what you read on here!
9. We remember the best games from those players but they never all played together, it was spread over 3 seasons and along with injuries there were lots of inconsistent or even poor performance from them. We do have a high quality squad; for most games we've played this year our players have been better technically, it's the team tactics that have let us down, along with an ineffectual front line. The odd mistake at the back isn't a problem if you've banged in 3 upfront.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I do.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I wonder how long a new manager would be given ..5/6 games? what if we don't win in any of them either....

It may take a few games but at least there is the Jan window that can be used.

Biggest question for me now is not if he should go but who replaces him. On the several other threads on that subject, I've not seen a name that is sensible, or look a better prospect than we have.

I thought perhaps a rising star in L1 but when the best include, Ferguson, Cotterill and Robinson you can understand why TB goes for untried wild cards. Imagine that's what he'll try again

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Good post, I agree with most of your points apart from:-

3. Don't judge the cause of our problems from what you read on here!
9. We remember the best games from those players but they never all played together, it was spread over 3 seasons and along with injuries there were lots of inconsistent or even poor performance from them. We do have a high quality squad; for most games we've played this year our players have been better technically, it's the team tactics that have let us down, along with an ineffectual front line. The odd mistake at the back isn't a problem if you've banged in 3 upfront.

Agree it appears to be that the current tatics with the players we have that is the main problem but I wonder how the same tatics would have worked with Buckley, Upson, Bridge, Bridcott, Ulloa available?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I think they should keep him for a month and then review.

1. it will be costly to pay him off.
2. Whoever comes in will smell blood and won't do it cheap if he's any good.
3. He is not solely responsible for the problems judging by posts.
4. They have only lost one game by more than one goal.
5. They are a relatively new team.
6. A lot of posters seem to be very naive about the quality of the Championship.
7. If the club DO end up going down, why are so many people assuming they'll do a Portsmouth. Why not a Wolves? or Bristol City even.
8. When you quote the mantra 'keep the faith' you might actually consider what that means.
9. Take Buckley, Upson, Bridge, Bridcott, Ulloa etc away from most Championship squads and try to replace them with finite recourses given who's available and you will see a struggling team.
10. How unlucky can a manager be for ALL strikers to be so ineffective over such a long period. If that's down to tactics, it must take some doing!
11. Brighton actually struggled with their scoring LAST season if you look at the stats.
12. At the very least you might as well leave him in charge for the Bournemouth game which they'll probably lose whoever is in charge etc etc etc

All the strikers are gash
Not sure what you mean about the quality of the championship, no team should go from top6 to bottom 4 in such a short space of time, yes we have sold players but its the quality of the bargain basement replacements which are the issue. The recruitment team need to take a good long hard look at themselves and attempt to improve things and if that means some of them fall on their swords then so be it.
If we do go down it will be years before we make it back up again

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Despite the comments above, I do not agree that the season is gone. If we don't sack him now it certainly will be, but a decent run with decent tactics and this team can do well this season.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I wonder how long a new manager would be given ..5/6 games? what if we don't win in any of them either....

Depends on whether he changes things that are clearly not working and actually looks to give a shite

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If you gave a front four of Baldock, O'Grady, Colunga and Teixera to the likes of McCarthy, Jackett, McLaren or Howe you'd be in double- digit goal production by now.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I agree that Sami has lost the plot and looks like a dead man walking but he is only part of the problem and I think simply replacing him although will help but won't solve the problem. Do we have 1 person in the management team with championship experience, bringing in an experienced assistant at the start of the season and we might not have got in this state. The board seem obsessed with proving we can do it the "right way" by building up from the bottom great sentiment but this is one of the toughest leagues in the world and not a research lab.
As many have said until we change the structure and the role of director of football we will struggle and all hope is based purely on our academy creating a team worthy of promotion at some point. That is great but set the right expectations and price according as the Amex has now become an entertainment venue not a football ground or lose the customers of today.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It may take a few games but at least there is the Jan window that can be used.

Biggest question for me now is not if he should go but who replaces him. On the several other threads on that subject, I've not seen a name that is sensible, or look a better prospect than we have.

I thought perhaps a rising star in L1 but when the best include, Ferguson, Cotterill and Robinson you can understand why TB goes for untried wild cards. Imagine that's what he'll try again

Its kinda what i was alluding too......new man comes in and we have an initial bounce...but do the problems go deeper?...think i'll stick to watching the team ...off to Bournemouth?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Its kinda what i was alluding too......new man comes in and we have an initial bounce...but do the problems go deeper?...think i'll stick to watching the team ...off to Bournemouth?

Yes deep rooted problems for sure but none of us can do much more than guess where the problems are coming from. Appears most of us seem to think multiple sources.

Missing B'muff ... bad enough watching the current stuff at home without all the agg of travelling :)

But think we could have a new Manager (Coach?) by then, so maybe a dream start?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here