Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is the equation as simple as, no striker in before the end of the transfer window = Down

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
No. But sticking with Webster meaning the opposition are generally a goal to the good will.

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
How much of a prick was Andone ???

Could have done with him now though. He would have got more minutes on the pitch that he wanted as well ,knows where the back of the net is for sure not prolific but would get some goals .He also has more experience then Connolly who needs to be brought in slowly unless you think he is the new teenage Wayne Rooney .

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Could have done with him now though. He would have got more minutes on the pitch that he wanted as well ,knows where the back of the net is for sure not prolific but would get some goals .He also has more experience then Connolly who needs to be brought in slowly unless you think he is the new teenage Wayne Rooney .

Yep, agree. Maybe we were too rash, with Locadia out at the same time. Hopefully we find someone in the next few days

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Source? I'm going by what the Crystal Palace correspondent for the Athletic said.

Very variable staff there. Some very good (Stuart James, Oli Kay, Dom Fifield) others inexperienced, one or two downright dreadful (the bloke at Southampton never stops talking long enough to hear any whispers).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ask me next time either of them goes past an opponent. .

Thank **** for that.

I thought I was living in some sort of twilight zone whenever Albion fans make any mention of any of our players having pace of any kind.

As you allude to - Izquierdo is the only (attacking) player on our books who possesses anything like Premier League quality pace.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thank **** for that.

I thought I was living in some sort of twilight zone whenever Albion fans make any mention of any of our players having pace of any kind.

As you allude to - Izquierdo is the only (attacking) player on our books who possesses anything like Premier League quality pace.

I’ve said similar in all our PL transfer windows. Pace at FB, in midfield and in the forwards is the hallmark of most decent PL teams. For many reasons, not least the speed of counter attacking (see CP and Bmuff often mugging top 7 opponents over recent seasons).

Propper and Gross have next to no pace compared to other ACM’s, we are often handicapped when we play all our slow ‘technicians’, we’re predictable.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
How many PL goals between them?

We are allowed to buy strikers who score goals in other leagues..

La Liga very similar in quality to the Premier League. Would back any of those 3 to score goals in the Prem.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Murray has scored 25 goals for our club in a Hughton (more defensive) PL side. Just adapt the style so Glenn can play with Maupay/Connolly/Trossard and we’ll convert more of the chances we create. Then stick Duffy in the back 5 or 6 and ****ing roar in his face - like Gandalf “They shall not pass!” Let’s get some SPINE back in our side

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Murray has scored 25 goals for our club in a Hughton (more defensive) PL side. Just adapt the style so Glenn can play with Maupay/Connolly/Trossard and we’ll convert more of the chances we create. Then stick Duffy in the back 5 or 6 and ****ing roar in his face - like Gandalf “They shall not pass!” Let’s get some SPINE back in our side
Darren Bent said the same Maupay is most effective with a partner and all he needs is Murray to provide knock downs etc hardly rocket science. We have a habit of ruining strikers.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think the Recruitment Team should test Norwich's resolve with a Big Offer for Teemu Pukki _ No messing with untested players from abroad. Worst that can happen is it gets rejected.

He aint the best striker in the business but boy does he trouble defences with his power and strenghth

I can't see Norwich entertaining a bid while they stand a chance of staying up.

Even if they don't. The player himself might try and force a deal through if he is keen

Absolutely bonkers to imagine that Narch would flog Pukki to a relegation rival this month, and effectively write off their only slim chance of staying up. They'd be outside Carrow Road with pitchforks.

Wobble thine head, Noobee.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
This.

Against Villa, astonishingly it was the 46th minute, other than Berrnardo. As if the player’s had physically and psychologically burned themselves out with their first half efforts. Maupay, Propper, Trossard and Connolly in particular, looked shot.

Our squad appears to lack power and pace, and the ability to maintain that for 90 minutes.

Good post.

The power and pace particularly.
Football continues to evolve and the above is essential, and basically we have very little of either in our team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Very variable staff there. Some very good (Stuart James, Oli Kay, Dom Fifield) others inexperienced, one or two downright dreadful (the bloke at Southampton never stops talking long enough to hear any whispers).

But do you think it's plausible that Everton that are covering all of Tosun's wages and haven't charged a loan fee? Sounds like bollocks to me.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
But do you think it's plausible that Everton that are covering all of Tosun's wages and haven't charged a loan fee? Sounds like bollocks to me.

No idea. I was just making the point that I trust what some Athletic writers say, others not so much.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Our lack of battling qualities over 90 mins is more of a concern to me than getting new players in, is this squad up for getting properly and nastily stuck in, as this will be necessary in a few games.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Going against the grain here but I don’t think (and never have) that Villa are going down. They’ve got too much fight. They’re like us in our first season up. They’ll be in the mix until the end, but in my opinion they will definitely scrap enough to just about find the points they need.

Norwich, Bournemouth and West Ham are the only teams I think we have any chance of finishing above as they don’t have the strong mentality and spirit of Watford and Villa.

Not against the grain with me, Watford will finish mid table and Villa with their multiple player recruits this month will stay up (investing to secure the £100m of broadcasting income).

The Argus now say it’s unlikely we’ll do business this week. If so, this is one of TB’s greatest gambles. One or zero points against West Ham and Watford, and we must be favourites for bottom 3 based on our final fixtures, due to the lack of goals and pace situations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here