Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is The Amex Intimidating?

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I thought that the atmosphere at the Amex was much more hostile for Southampton than it was for Palace.

A couple of friends of mine, Saints fans, told me that they found the Amex more inhospitable than Fratton Park.

Do we want the atmosphere at the Amex to be like that at the Britannia, or like that at Carrow Road?

Oct 25, 2003
for some games, definitely......it's been flat at times but usually it's great

we weren't very loud against palace and were outsung for most of the game.....think part of it was nerves

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
The atmosphere was highly charged, and the players matched the intensity.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I thought that the atmosphere at the Amex was much more hostile for Southampton than it was for Palace.

A couple of friends of mine, Saints fans, told me that they found the Amex more inhospitable than Fratton Park.

Do we want the atmosphere at the Amex to be like that at the Britannia, or like that at Carrow Road?
good stuff, let's keep it that way :clap2: does sound like they are massive girls though :wink: :albion2:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think the point is that already we know it CAN be, which is a start. Ian Holloway said it was intimidating, and he wouldn't offer that up lightly, as did Burnley and Southampton (reluctantly).

The lack of a similar atmosphere for Palace was just beyond belief, the biggest one and the Amex crowd didn't turn up. At least we know what it is possible now, and any future failure in that fixture is unlikely.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest

Your friends are idiots

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Will get even better when the corners are filled, the unfinished bits developed and the stadium is finally completed.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

The reason why the palace game was not like this is because those stupid ultra's ruin the atmosphere.

If they would watch the football instead of jumping around like twats then the atmosphere would certainly improve.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Your friends are idiots

They were comparing the atmosphere inside the respective grounds, rather than what went on outside them.

Will get even better when the corners are filled, the unfinished bits developed and the stadium is finally completed.

Exactly this. Personally i think the atmosphere is good to great for most games.......................imagine the extra noise when the east upper is finished? Also this will help to keep the noise in aswell so all good. The Amex actively encourages fans to sing due to the noise it makes.

It is noisy...................expect it to get alot better.................

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
The reason why the palace game was not like this is because those stupid ultra's ruin the atmosphere.

If they would watch the football instead of jumping around like twats then the atmosphere would certainly improve.

I actually think it was because the crowd as a whole was so nervous of the result, and was watching every pass intently rather than relaxing, having fun and creating the atmosphere.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
They were comparing the atmosphere inside the respective grounds, rather than what went on outside them.

Fratton park was twice as loud as your gaff. I couldn't make it to yours, but my mates said that atmosphere was pretty drab until Lambert got sent off, then you picked up a bit.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Fratton park was twice as loud as your gaff. I couldn't make it to yours, but my mates said that atmosphere was pretty drab until Lambert got sent off, then you picked up a bit.

bit like that lot in the south stand then...pretty poor effort imho

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Did they tell you how totally rubbish your support was after Lambert got sent off and how it was pretty shit even when you were on top for about 20 mins in the 1st half? No I thought not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here