Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is someone out to GET Harty

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
One of the benefits of being a non-STH is sampling various seats around The Amex. Until recently I had shied away from ESU because being a family stand the atmosphere could be a bit tame.

I finally relented when taking along a mate for his first Amex experience ('Boro) and opted for seats in ESU so he could savour the view of the stadium in all of its glory. It was great to see several generations of Albion fans sitting together. OK the atmosphere in the ESU could hardly be described as 'rocking', in fact the PA didn't seem very loud - and GOSBTS was barely audible, which is a great pity.

However I was surprised at the prolonged vitriolic language being tolerated by fans and the stewards. My mate and I are both quite worldly and not at all put off by some Anglo Saxon expletives, so didn't worry us. To be fair several (but not all) of the perpetrators appeared to have really enjoyed their pre match liquid refreshment. Just a surprise that the atmosphere was not as genteel as previously suggested on here. I suppose it shows just how frustrated the fans are getting if the punters in the ESU are feeling that sour!

BTW my mate was willing to become an Albion convert but understandably he looked baffled by the football on offer.....

This season the language in the ESL has got much worse. The stewards don't even try to discourage it, I've asked a few to tame it as I have my kids with me but to be fair, they look at you and the other thirty or so swearing and just carry on or apologise and start as soon as we play a wild pass or lose the ball in some way, which normally takes about 2-3 minutes!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Excuse the interruption: but is that the same guy who was famously the mascot for a game at the Goldstone once, aged [insert respectable middle age here]? :)

The very same Edna. A friend of mine since we were kids but unable to get to many games nowadays because of ill health although we (peanut included) do bring him over every so often.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The very same Edna. A friend of mine since we were kids but unable to get to many games nowadays because of ill health although we (peanut included) do bring him over every so often.

Brilliant. I was quite young when that happened but I remember it well. One of the legendary Gulls Eye names :thumbsup:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Is that a deliberate double entendre, or just a matter of luck ???

I thank you!

9k=

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

I saw Nigel and friend on Brighton station before the first game of the season, first time I've seen him since his illness, lovely to see him

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
People frequently slate the Argus on here for its parochial, small-time, local-paper mentality and plummeting circulation. Whilst, regrettably, I must confess that I've yet to have the pleasure of reading the Worthing Herald in my lifetime, I would assume that its readership is considerably smaller still, and mostly consists of those seeking photos of prize-winning marrows, and the local crown green bowling results. Is it sufficiently influential, could somebody please tell me, to have the Albion scrambling to discredit its contributors?

I suppose the simple question is: has the Albion expressed its disapproval to Ian since the article appeared?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
One of the benefits of being a non-STH is sampling various seats around The Amex. Until recently I had shied away from ESU because being a family stand the atmosphere could be a bit tame.

I finally relented when taking along a mate for his first Amex experience ('Boro) and opted for seats in ESU so he could savour the view of the stadium in all of its glory. It was great to see several generations of Albion fans sitting together. OK the atmosphere in the ESU could hardly be described as 'rocking', in fact the PA didn't seem very loud - and GOSBTS was barely audible, which is a great pity.

However I was surprised at the prolonged vitriolic language being tolerated by fans and the stewards. My mate and I are both quite worldly and not at all put off by some Anglo Saxon expletives, so didn't worry us. To be fair several (but not all) of the perpetrators appeared to have really enjoyed their pre match liquid refreshment. Just a surprise that the atmosphere was not as genteel as previously suggested on here. I suppose it shows just how frustrated the fans are getting if the punters in the ESU are feeling that sour!

BTW my mate was willing to become an Albion convert but understandably he looked baffled by the football on offer.....

I think you may have sat near [MENTION=11499]simmo[/MENTION]-SAYS :drink:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Sounds more likely that the bloke was wound up at you having the audacity to tell him to stop swearing and was looking at an opportunity to have a dig at you. If it was the club I'm sure they would have known who Harty is and would have a more subtle way of creating an incident.

He was obviously going to "have" you as just having verbals can be done in view of people but when he saw the witnesses and possibility of mates he dipped out, probably telling his entourage he decked you!
This.

Jan 30, 2008
Soppy stewards for starters," he followed me into the toilet" , sounds like the dangerous brothers were on a mission
regards
DR

black shadow

Jul 22, 2011
Hassocks
Waste of time!!

If they were sat directly behind you, you'll be able to quote their seat numbers to the club shirley, should you wish to go down that route?

Don't hold your breath....last season we had problems with a guy two seats along from us.....constant foul language and gestures, really offensive.....probably would have overlooked it if it hadn't been in vicinity of several kids. Stewards did nothing. We wrote and emailed the club with the seat numbers of said bloke (more than once) and they didn't want to know. Surprise, surprise!!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The Club can't even get its professional footballers properly positioned to get a result. The idea that there might be a bunch of "heavies" on the payroll who can achieve an outcome like this is, quite frankly, absurd.

:)

You say that LB but, as I recall, you were recently HOSPITALISED by a mystery illness..does the name Alexandre Litvanyenko ring any bells? Haven't you noticed those men with dark suits slipping mystery "powders" into your Harvey's in Dicks.

They're coming for you too mate. You know too much.

Who ate all the Polonium? Who ate all the Polonium, you beardy bastard, you beardy bastard, you ate all the Polonium.

Jan 30, 2008
Don't hold your breath....last season we had problems with a guy two seats along from us.....constant foul language and gestures, really offensive.....probably would have overlooked it if it hadn't been in vicinity of several kids. Stewards did nothing. We wrote and emailed the club with the seat numbers of said bloke (more than once) and they didn't want to know. Surprise, surprise!!
Yeah something to do with being at a football match:rolleyes: rather than grass him up did you speak to him???
regards
DR

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
RAT!!!!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
People frequently slate the Argus on here for its parochial, small-time, local-paper mentality and plummeting circulation. Whilst, regrettably, I must confess that I've yet to have the pleasure of reading the Worthing Herald in my lifetime, I would assume that its readership is considerably smaller still, and mostly consists of those seeking photos of prize-winning marrows, and the local crown green bowling results. Is it sufficiently influential, could somebody please tell me, to have the Albion scrambling to discredit its contributors?

That shows what you know. The Worthing Herald is viewed in the same way as the Washington Post for its swashbuckling style and rapier like investigative journalism.

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Herald knows.

You say that LB but, as I recall, you were recently HOSPITALISED by a mystery illness..does the name Alexandre Litvanyenko ring any bells? Haven't you noticed those men with dark suits slipping mystery "powders" into your Harvey's in Dicks.

They're coming for you too mate. You know too much.

Who ate all the Polonium? Who ate all the Polonium, you beardy bastard, you beardy bastard, you ate all the Polonium.

Blimey, you're right. And to think ... there was a basket of fruit with a message from Tony Bloom waiting for me when I came round from the anaesthetic.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Blimey, you're right. And to think ... there was a basket of fruit with a message from Tony Bloom waiting for me when I came round from the anaesthetic.

I heard from Terry the Tortoise who is a big cheese in open market circles that Paul Barber was bulk buying fruit through the Mears' weeks in advance if your hospital assignation. I heard he got a kick back of banana and a pomegranate on the deal too.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
That shows what you know. The Worthing Herald is viewed in the same way as the Washington Post for its swashbuckling style and rapier like investigative journalism.

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Herald knows.

This. They were the ones who broke the story of the Sparrows nicking the cream off the top of old Mrs Jones milk from her doorstep.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This. They were the ones who broke the story of the Sparrows nicking the cream off the top of old Mrs Jones milk from her doorstep.

*cough* Allegedly Q, allegedly. We all know that Big Brother monitors NSC, and we don't want to get Bozza into trouble.

#TapsNose

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here