Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Seaaaagulllllls the best nickname in the football league

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Cant think of another nickname in the whole of the football league that is so nice to shout out and gives such a feeling of satisfaction for supporters.

I know we're biased but I never remember 'dolphins' being chanted and if you were a Northampton supporter for instance would you enjoy shouting Cobblers?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not really because the response Seaweed is f***ing irritating :lolol:

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
I hate the fact we're known as the seagulls. Everyone hates seagulls. They making annoying noises early in the morning and shit everywhere.

I'm not sure what pride we're meant to take from Seagulls?!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Cant think of another nickname in the whole of the football league that is so nice to shout out and gives such a feeling of satisfaction for supporters.

I know we're biased but I never remember 'dolphins' being chanted and if you were a Northampton supporter for instance would you enjoy shouting Cobblers?

I think not. Much as I love screaming it, there are a few better ones out there.

Manny

Aug 1, 2010
Reigate, Surrey
So do supporters just shout Blades, Blades Blades. Dont sound very inspiring to me.

I guess not but then it would be a pretty uninspired group of fans that just chant their nickname over and over..... and over. Some variation is allowed. Just a simple come on you Blades! makes it sounds a little better for a start.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I may be wrong but I can't think of another nickname that's as widely used by journalists and the rest of football. Newspapers and other teams' programmes routinely refer to us by our nickname and that's unusual. My daughter bumped into Jonny Wilkinson in Marsailles airport this summer and he asked her a rugby question and she said, sorry, but she was actually a football supporter. "What team?" "Brighton." "Ah, the Seagulls."

Can't imagine him saying "Ah the Blades" if she came from Sheffield.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
So do supporters just shout Blades, Blades Blades. Dont sound very inspiring to me.

Almost as inspiring as a bunch of gobby northerners spending 90 minutes just shouting Leeds Leeds Leeds :) Least its better than shouting Peacocks or whites though I guess

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Seagulls are crap. I'd far rather still be The Dolphins or quite literally anything else except for The Slugs, The Cockroaches or The Pigeons.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Conference side Fleetwood are known as Cod Army ! I rather like it. :albion1:

Attachments

• cod_army_cd.jpg
    cod_army_cd.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 133

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here