Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is relegation still a possibility?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
@Triggaaar is being cleverer than the both of us.
I feel a new signature coming on ;)

But the easiest way is surely to say the winning points total is one more than the third placed team manages?
I think there's two easy ways. Yours (which is how I think of it when I ponder these things) or to say whatever the number of points that the second placed team gets. As long as the contestants (am I taking this too seriously?) agree.

Ah! Yes, I see. So: yes, in the scenario you give, the team in second who currently have 86 points, would still have been second on only 83 points. In that eventually, @Machiavelli would win. Entirely hypothetical though.
It's not so hypothetical that it's unlikely to happen. If you look at each of the previous seasons, we could give different answers on how many points were needed for 2nd. It's just clarifying the method, that's all.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
See above [I am incompetent at posting technically: perhaps you can enlighten]
When quoting someone, you should see the xml tags, which are simply square brackets with a string of characters inside.

The characters used to create a quote, are, rather conveniently: quote

Shove quote inside a pair of square brackets, and it starts the quote. Then end the quote in the same way, except you use a forward slash: / before the characters. So in this case it will be:
open square bracket, forward slash, quote, close square bracket (without the commas). You can then put those around the text you want to quote, several times in a post.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Am testing, using your guidelines:

I feel a new signature coming on ;)

:)

I think there's two easy ways. Yours (which is how I think of it when I ponder these things) or to say whatever the number of points that the second placed team gets. As long as the contestants (am I taking this too seriously?) agree.

I've now completely changed my view on this. You're complicating things. I said that I think 84 points would be enough for automatics. Goldstone (and, earlier, you) disagreed. That means that I'm saying that the third place team will get 83 points, or less.

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
When quoting someone, you should see the xml tags, which are simply square brackets with a string of characters inside.

The characters used to create a quote, are, rather conveniently: quote

Shove quote inside a pair of square brackets, and it starts the quote. Then end the quote in the same way, except you use a forward slash: / before the characters. So in this case it will be:
open square bracket, forward slash, quote, close square bracket (without the commas). You can then put those around the text you want to quote, several times in a post.

Ta. Feedback on above post welcome!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Before the smile, your closing bracket is a curly one: }

You can edit it, and the quote will work.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've now completely changed my view on this. You're complicating things.
I'm not, trust me. I pointed out that there are different ways of looking at it. Goldstone was looking at it a different way, but for your bet you've agreed to go with the method of what it takes to beat 3rd, and that's also how I like to look at it.
I said that I think 84 points would be enough for automatics. Goldstone (and, earlier, you) disagreed. That means that I'm saying that the third place team will get 83 points, or less.
Yep, that's how I read it. I'm thinking this season that 3rd might get 84 or more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here